Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Convert XS samples / voices to XF format?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

(I posted this on Motifator but got no reply.) I have custom samples of my Deagan Aurora II vibraphone that I used in my Motif XS...could somebody who has a Motif XF convert them to XF format so they could be loaded into an MOXF? I could send you an XS .X0A (all) file, and if you could load it into your XF, save it as an XF .X3A file (or as .X3V/X3W voice/waveform files) and send the file(s) back to me, that would be great...I did these Deagan vibraphone samples some years ago, they’re a little more subtle, with more variation, that the included Yamaha vibe samples, and work particularly well with external mallet controllers like the Wernick Xylosynth, so if you’re into small-group jazz, they might work well for you, too...email me at dfahrner(at)uci(dot)net…

df

Posted : 03/02/2015 3:55 am
Bad Mister

Just FYI: This is the kind of thing you can do for yourself with the John Melas Waveform Editor.

It would allow you to import your Samples, build Waveforms and create an ALL data file that you would be able to load into your MOXF.

It can even open Motif XS (.X0A) files and allow you to create files for your MOXF.

Just FYI... If you are going to create your own instruments for the MOXF, it is money well spent.
You can literally drag and drop Wav data and have the Waveform Editor map the samples into Waveforms. If you own a MOXF and are interested in creating your own data, be they Voices, like a vibraphone, or audio clips, loops, sound effects, etc. you will wonder how you got a got along without it.

Posted : 03/02/2015 8:02 pm
Topic starter

Thanks, Bad One, I'm sure the Melas Waveform Editor can do the job (I use his MX tools, and they are very good) but I don't own an MOXF, a friend who just bought one wants to use my Deagan samples and voices with a Xylosynth mallet controller...I used to use them in an XS, and still have the .X0A file, but have since moved to the Korg KRONOS...anybody who has the Melas Waveform Editor want to make this conversion for me? You'd end up with some pretty good vibraphone sample to use, too (although vibraphones and small-group jazz are pretty much extinct, I guess)...

df

Posted : 04/02/2015 7:05 pm
Bad Mister

I don't own an MOXF, a friend who just bought one wants to use my Deagan samples and voices with a Xylosynth mallet controller...

Please recommend the Melas software to your friend, as an owner of a MOXF, it will serve them well. And by all means hip them to YamahaSynth.com

Posted : 05/02/2015 2:10 am

David wrote:

Thanks, Bad One, I'm sure the Melas Waveform Editor can do the job (I use his MX tools, and they are very good) but I don't own an MOXF, a friend who just bought one wants to use my Deagan samples and voices with a Xylosynth mallet controller...I used to use them in an XS, and still have the .X0A file, but have since moved to the Korg KRONOS...anybody who has the Melas Waveform Editor want to make this conversion for me? You'd end up with some pretty good vibraphone sample to use, too (although vibraphones and small-group jazz are pretty much extinct, I guess)...

df

Hi David,
I would love to get your Deagan samples for Kronos!
Only saw them for Krome
Thanks, best, Julien

Posted : 04/10/2015 11:54 am

df

I have Melas Waveform Editor and can help you.
Just I'm new member of this forum and not sure can I give my email right here.
Just allow me to know.

Posted : 14/04/2021 1:31 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us