Notifications
Clear all

Cubase AI 5 and Mac OS X Yosemite

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have a copy of Cubase AI5 that came with my Motif XF. Bought the Motif in 2010 and now at the point that I want to try Cubase. A couple of questions:

1. Will it work with OS X Yosemite?
2. Where do I find the Activation Code?
3. Do I have to download Activation software?
4. I believe I need to also download the XF Extensions. Correct?

Posted : 20/02/2015 7:27 pm
Bad Mister

I'll need to check with my counterparts over at Steinberg, but I do not think any Cubase series 5 can run in Yosemite. Cubase AI5 was designed for 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 (Lion). I will double check, but I'm pretty sure you're beyond the point of running any Cubase series 5 software on Yosemite.

Mountain Lion, Mavericks have come and gone, in the meantime... And Apple has made significant changes in the operating system of the Mac in the past five years.

Posted : 21/02/2015 4:11 am
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Can I upgrade to the latest version that would work with Yosemite?

Posted : 21/02/2015 1:12 pm
Bad Mister

Yes, an upgrade is always possible.

Have you created a MySteinberg Account?
You can contact Steinberg directly via your MySteinberg Account.
Explain your situation, and they will tell you about upgrade paths to the various versions of Cubase. You may still qualify for substantial discounts.

They are located at: Steinberg.net

Posted : 21/02/2015 1:52 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks. I think I will start with Elements 7. There is a 30 day trial and its only $99.

Posted : 21/02/2015 2:50 pm
New Member Guest

We've got 7.5.3 and are also awaiting it's compatibility.
This info is the most current...
Steinberg/Yosemite

Posted : 23/02/2015 11:09 pm
Bad Mister

According to Steinberg Cubase Elements 7 is already Yosemite ready!

Posted : 24/02/2015 2:12 am
New Member Guest

Here's another great page that possibly everyone's already aware of ...or not; 🙂
Yamaha Current Downloads United States
I really like the Motif XF Editor StandAlone.
The Extension is equal in importance to the FW Firmware and Drivers if using Cubase.
More important still, is one's ability to fine tune that complete page by filtering to running system by adjusting 'Filter Software and Drivers by Operating System',
as it can sometimes appear as if to make my eyes cross! 🙂

Posted : 24/02/2015 3:34 pm
Bad Mister

The portal to the Official Yamaha Download page is global, you should access it via the Country you live in. While the information is mostly the same wherever you go, the languages available will certainly differ.

Please access the global portal here: http://download.yamaha.com
Select the Country
Enter your MODEL NAME.
Verify the MODEL
If you are looking for computer software, then you can use the Filter. But if you are looking for Firmware Updates or Content Data to load to your Yamaha instrument do not use the Filter. Only use the Filter when looking for data that loads to your computer. Firmware (like the Motif XF operating system updates) and VOICE data, will load directly to your Motif XF... And the type of computer you have will not matter.

Make sense?

Posted : 25/02/2015 1:04 pm
New Member Guest

They just updated the Stienberg/Yoseitie page from my previous post.
Though, the eLicenser version is not listing the most current version of 6.8.5.1162.
Update eLicenser HERE

Posted : 25/02/2015 8:34 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us