Notifications
Clear all

don't buy MONTAGE or other Yamaha products

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Luca
Topic starter

If one of you is thinking to buy a Montage or some other Yamaha products read this!

Yamaha....SHAME ON YOU!!!
This is called “planned obsolescence” and it’s a crime!
I have to throw in the trash my Motif XF 8 and my N12 Mixer (and my Cubase Pro license) because YOU DON’T WANT UPDATE the fw drivers.
It’s a real shame!
I was your first fan, now I’m your first dectrator, due to your behavior!

People, don't buy yamaha products! soon the will stop to upgrade your driver!

Posted : 13/01/2021 8:17 pm
 G
Estimable Member

Why did you feel the need to post this twice?

How long do you "think" Yamaha should keep paying programmers to update Yamaha's older hardware...?

The MOTIF XF came out in 2010 - 11 years ago.

Posted : 14/01/2021 5:24 pm
 Lex

The other post is in a different sub-forum. Personally I browse all sub-forums simultaneously via the "Recent" button at the top of the page, and I assume you do the same, but it's possible there are Montage owners who never check the Motif XF sub-forum as well as Motif owners who never read the Montage section.

How long do you "think" Yamaha should keep paying programmers to update Yamaha's older hardware...?

Yamaha doesn't have to pay any programmers to fix this problem; they only have to release their death-grip on this 11-year-old product's software and allow volunteers to do as they please.

Posted : 14/01/2021 6:23 pm
 Luca
Topic starter

I post twice to be read by more people: no one has to buy more yamaha products!
Motif xf was still in yamaha catalogue in 2016. Catalina was out in october 2019.
Motif xs rack and FW16E boaard are still on their catalogue in europe.
what are we talking about?

Posted : 14/01/2021 6:26 pm
 Luca
Topic starter

The other post is in a different sub-forum. Personally I browse all sub-forums simultaneously via the "Recent" button at the top of the page, and I assume you do the same, but it's possible there are Montage owners who never check the Motif XF sub-forum as well as Motif owners who never read the Montage section.

Yamaha doesn't have to pay any programmers to fix this problem; they only have to release their death-grip on this 11-year-old product's software and allow volunteers to do as they please.

Exact.
Thank you, Lex.
t's really absurd and shameful to think that our expensive yamaha synths and mixers that we paid a lot are now unusable.

Posted : 14/01/2021 10:44 pm
Member Admin

Didnt they provide a 64bit driver update already? https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yamaha_steinberg_fw_driver_win64.html

If this doesnt work are you 100% sure they aren't working on a fix? Maybe they just aren't saying. If its chipset related I think that is the biggest obstacle.

Now to Yamaha I ask, Yamaha are you not going to provide an update? A company as big as yours certainly has the resources to support all your products for decades. Come on give people who invested in your products some extra help.

Posted : 15/01/2021 12:25 pm
 Luca
Topic starter

1) they always move this post from Montage section to Motif section. WHY??
2) C, the link in your post is for Window, not for Mac (64 bit on Mac). There isn't for mac. This is the problem. Thanks anyway.

Posted : 15/01/2021 4:49 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us