Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to assess functioning in the Motif xf?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I recently purchased a Motif XF6 online, and now I want to confirm that everything is working properly. What would be the best way to go about this? With any keyboard it can be difficult to tell if the behavior is due to malfunction, or if the previous user changed settings drastically. I believe there is a test mode, but read somewhere not to use it. I'm considering just doing a factory reset, but don't want to lose anything extra that might be in the memory. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted : 09/05/2018 5:18 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Jackson,
Welcome to YamahaSynth!

You’ll want to get a USB stick on which you can SAVE any data that is currently in the Motif XF.
Press [FILE]
Press [F1] FILE
Set the File Type = ALL
Press [SF1] SAVE
Enter a name for your file
Press [ENTER] > [INC/YES]

An All Data File will Save the current data.

There is a Test routine but without knowing what to do at each test, it may not be that helpful.
If you are worried take it to an authorized service center.

The Factory Reset is:
Press [UTILITY]
Press JOB]
Press [ENTER]
Press [INC/YES]

You can find all the downloads for the XF by going to the corporate Yamaha.com site, select your country, navigate to the “Synthesizer & Music Production Tools” area and search for the MOTIF XF - as if you wanted to find out about it. On the XF Product page you’ll find a link to all the Downloads.

Hope that helps. If you see odd behavior, you can always ask about it here. Enjoy!

Posted : 10/05/2018 1:33 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us