Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

list of sounds for each song

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys! I have a Yamaha Motif XF7 and I have a question. It's possible to create a list of sounds for each song, for change sound quickly during live?
I haven't found it in the manual. How I can create these lists?
Thank you!

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:12 pm
Bad Mister

Can you elaborate on what you need... sorry the question is not clear.

Posted : 11/03/2019 5:43 am

Hello ! I bought Yamaha Motif xf6 Before I used Yamaha Psr A 2000.
I placed voices that I used in registration memory section and saved them with song title thus. I created playlists for my each band whom I worked with. During live performance I achieved faster and correct results by using. Registrations that created for each song. What I want to learn is does that property also exist in Yamaha Motif xf6 ? Is that property added to Yamaha Motif xf6?
Can I compile on alphabeticol list of my songs? Can I view my playlist on the screen? Can I assign permonent sounds to these songs ?

Posted : 05/08/2019 1:58 pm
Bad Mister

Hello ! I bought Yamaha Motif xf6 Before I used Yamaha Psr A 2000.
I placed voices that I used in registration memory section and saved them with song title thus. I created playlists for my each band whom I worked with. During live performance I achieved faster and correct results by using. Registrations that created for each song. What I want to learn is does that property also exist in Yamaha Motif xf6 ? Is that property added to Yamaha Motif xf6?
Can I compile on alphabeticol list of my songs? Can I view my playlist on the screen? Can I assign permonent sounds to these songs ?

Welcome to YamahaSynth.com! Thanks for the questions.

Although the PSR-Series keyboards are also made by Yamaha, you’ll discover the Motif-Series synths use a different set of terms. “Registration” is a term that has its origin in the world of organs. On a Pipe Organ you could manipulate which combination of pipes were involved. The pipes could be seen as the building blocks (harmonics) to build a particular type of sound. The Auto-accompaniment engine found in the PSR-Series lends itself to a way to combine certain features/functions for recall.

In the PSR you are combining a particular set of Voices, with a particular Style, a particular Tempo, etc., etc. The Registration allows the same source data to be reconfigured in various ways to perform a specific Song. So the Registration is not just memorizing what sound you used and how it is edited, it memorizes just about all the settings concerning performing during the Song.

The Synthesizer Workstation can perform similar things but the method in which it assembles and then Stores these things is quite a bit different. The terminology is different, necessarily, because more things are editable, and more things are stored along the way.

There are four different Main modes on the Motif XF: Voice, Performance, Song, and Pattern.
With this type of product, you may need any one of these modes while performing. This is slightly different from the focus of the PSR-Series where most things are focused around real-time Song playing using just the PSR alone. The focus of the synth includes Song playback as one of its four principal functions.
Because the synth is used live, you may need to quickly access your pre-programmed setups. This is where the MASTER MODE comes in.

You can create 128 Master programs each of which instantly recalls what you need for your next task.
You can view these Setups 16 at a time
While in [MASTER] mode, the [PROGRAM] button lit... then use the GROUP A-H buttons to view a list of your setups sixteen at a time
The numbered buttons [1]~[16] allow you quick access to your setups. You could additionally assign a Foot Switch to advance through your Master program list.

Motif XF Understanding Master Mode

Hope that helps. Thanks for the question.

Posted : 05/08/2019 3:26 pm

Thank you for your information. After I read the article which you had sent. I examined the "master mode"
I selected the section "mode" as "song" by going into "master mode" I recorded my voieces within
"song mode" Then the track I recorded, I opened it in the "master mode" with 16 channel audio in "song mode"
128 songs can be recorded in "master mode"
I have some questions to you
1) Can I record further songs in "master mode" by purchasing flash board?
2) Is there a sample file about Master Mode to improve myself?
3) Do I have a change to upload songs that I've recorded in the "master mode" to the computer one by one and to
upload them back to the computer? (ex: Master mode / User 1 / A bank / 1 )
4) How I can I use the processed sounds (effech,parameter, system volume) which I recorded to user banks within
"voice mode" exactly in other modes with their voice mode settings? Although I use "with parameter voice" feature,
effect, system volume etc. don't work when I want to open the voice I prepored in "voice mode" from "song mode or from "performance mode"
5) How should the settings of keyboard be in order to connect Yamaha Motif xf6 and Yamaha Psr A 2000 with midi?

Posted : 10/08/2019 7:58 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Flash boards will not increase limits of songs. Flash expansion boards are for storing samples/waveforms.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/motifxf-category/flash-memory-expansion-modules

All of your master setups should be saved in an "ALL" file. See the Understanding Master Mode tutorial referenced earlier:

Your MASTER setups will be saved as part of an “ALL” data FILE type (.X3A). Master setups will remain in memory after power down but will be cleared if you perform a Factory Reset or you load in another ALL data file (.X3A).

Posted : 10/08/2019 8:57 pm
Bad Mister

I can tell from your questions that you are still not clear on how Master Mode works.

1) Can I record further songs in "master mode" by purchasing flash board?

SONGs are only recorded in SONG mode. A Motif XF “Song” is always MIDI data. MIDI data that triggers the playback of audio data. The Factory data provided by Yamaha or Waveform/Sample data that you have loaded to the FLASH memory.

2) Is there a sample file about Master Mode to improve myself?

I’m not sure what you mean.

3) Do I have a change to upload songs that I've recorded in the "master mode" to the computer one by one and to
upload them back to the computer? (ex: Master mode / User 1 / A bank / 1 )

Again, I’m not sure what you are asking... which direction do you want to move the data???

but, again, Songs are recorded to SONG mode. (This is the same in your PSR. You do not *record* songs to the Registrations as much as you link a song to be recalled when a Registration is recalled. The song is recorded in the Song Mode). You record the Song in Song Mode, then you can determine in which order you want to “register” them. That’s what Master Mode is ... in Master 001 you might recall Song 10; in Master 002 you might recall Song 7; and so on. You don’t have to record your compositions in the order you are going to perform them.

There are 64 Song locations in the Motif XF. You can transfer a Motif XF Song to your computer. Cubase can actually import a Motif XF Song from a Motif XF All Data File (.X3A).

4) How I can I use the processed sounds (effech,parameter, system volume) which I recorded to user banks within
"voice mode" exactly in other modes with their voice mode settings? Although I use "with parameter voice" feature,
effect, system volume etc. don't work when I want to open the voice I prepored in "voice mode" from "song mode or from "performance mode"

When you program a Voice in VOICE mode, there are parameters that belong to the instrument you are building... these include things like Oscillator (the Waveform used to create the instrument), the Filters and Filter Envelope Generators that Control how the tone of the instrument behaves, the Amplitude Generator that determines how the loudness behaves... also the LFOs, the Dual Insertion Effect processors and the Controller assignments that manipulate Voice and Insert Effect parameters.

But significantly, what is not considered apart of the instrument are those parameters that recreate the environment that the instrument is performing in... namely, those parameters that recreate the room acoustics. These are external to the instrument.

The synth parameters that construct the trumpet, include the Waveforms, Filter, Envelopes, etc., etc.
The parameters that make the big Hall that reverberates the Trumpet, is technically NOT a part of the Trumpet. And each time you use this trumpet instrument in a band ensemble (a sequenced Song) you place the trumpet in a room with the other instruments.

When you copy “parameter with voice” that refers to all the parameters that are apart of the instrument construction, and expressly NOT, the System Effects (Reverb, Chorus), the Master Effect, nor the Master EQ.

5) How should the settings of keyboard be in order to connect Yamaha Motif xf6 and Yamaha Psr A 2000 with midi?

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Make sure MIDI I/O = MIDI
Connect the MIDI Out of the XF to the MIDI In on your other Keyboard.

Posted : 10/08/2019 9:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us