master mode

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 john
Eminent Member
Topic starter

DSetto and Mad Mister,

Thanks for the help and reply. Avery, one of the YAMAHA techs suggested I take my 5 saved performances (all have 4 layers) into the Master mode so I can press a button and pull them up at a second's notice. He suggested I take a similar factory performance and massage the individual voices to my needs. All done except: Now that they are in Master mode, can I rename them? Can I edit them and change a voice? If this is possible, how do I do it?

Thanks for the mixing tip and the turning off the annoying drums.

I just bought the MOTIF XF7 from Sweetwater as they have them on sale and sent back a KROME. What I am finding is the KROME was much more user friendly even though you cannot do as many things. But this MOTIF is overwhelming in knowledge needed.

Thanks again and I will appreciated the help.

Posted : 14/01/2017 6:11 pm
Bad Mister

If a product doesn't do as much does that make it friendly, or is it just that there is less to learn! 🙂

Now that they are in Master mode, can I rename them?

You can rename the Master program - the Master Bank can have a different name than the associated program. But please realize you are simply pointing to your original Performances from the Master mode.

Can I edit them and change a voice?

To change a Voice assigned to a Performance Part, you would need to return to Performance mode and edit the original Performance. This will automatically update your Master.

If this is possible, how do I do it?

Until you recognize that the Master only "points to" your Performance, you'll keep asking these kinds of questions. However, if you realize that Master mode only points to your favorite programs be they in Voice mode, Performance mode or Song/Pattern mode you'll realize if you Change the original location you change the Master program that points to it.

Posted : 15/01/2017 5:08 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us