Clear all

MOTIF XF shows all files created at 31/12/1979

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Is it something wrong with my flash drive or MOTIF XF file system management? I need this feature to able to see what files were created at what time.

Posted : 29/10/2017 12:01 am
Bad Mister

The XF does not show you when a File was created. You must mean when you look at the file on your computer it shows a date that is fairly meaningless. That’s probably true because the Motif XF does not have the kind of clock that’s aware of the date and time. When you turn it off it is not ‘sleeping’, it is truly OFF, and completely unaware of the passage of time. Why your computer reads that date, I really have no idea.

You may want to use the Folder/Tree function to identify your data... you can create a Folders in which you save files... name the Folder to include the Day and Time, if you need that.

Funny story, Yamaha made an FM Synth module that set the date and time (way back in the late 1980’s, it must have been too soon.. it was universally disliked (I never understood why). Any way, I have often heard this request to document, not only when, but where and even to what client a particular set of data was presented. I have recommend the Folder System, and backing up to the Cubase MediaBay/Sound Browser which lets you create a filing system to meet the most demanding needs.

You don’t particularly mention what you are filing, All data files, individual Voices, Mixing setups... if it’s Voices and/or Mixing setups the Cubase Sound Browser is worth exploring as it lets you not only capture, organize, rank, date and otherwise categorize your own data... your way.

Posted : 29/10/2017 2:39 am
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Phil. My apologies for not being clear. I do not need to see the dates on MOTIF though. I want to see the file on my laptop. All the files created by MOTIF have this date attribute which is a bummer. I wanted to sort some of my VOICEs and see which one is the newest one (a typical task in PC) but unfortunately they all have the same date 🙁

Posted : 29/10/2017 6:08 pm
Bad Mister

That’s why I mentioned Sound Browser... are you using the Yamaha Motif XF EDITOR?
It can help you archive and retrieve your sounds in a very organized fashion

Posted : 29/10/2017 6:51 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I used the editor a couple times and the keyboard was unable to open the backed up files Phil. But thanks for mentioning that it saves the dates. It's very helpful.

Posted : 30/10/2017 5:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us