Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Need help loading an all voice .X3V file

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am trying to load the file from a USB stick into user memory. I do not have a FL flash drive installed. My XF is updated to 1.50.

I have had success loading other .X3A, and X3V files. The file contains 80 voices, 75 waveforms, 572 Keybanks. It is 160Mb in size. From my understanding I can't load the entire thing at once because it's too large. I was able to load the Inspiration in a Flash voice banks individually from that file which is over 400Mb. However with this new file that approach has been unsuccessful. I keep getting an error message that says "Sample Memory Full". I know this isn't the case because I deleted the Sample Memory many times. I have been able to load individual voices from this file, but I would like to know how to load more than 1 at a time. When I tried to load 1 voice bank the first bank, usr 1, results in the error message. When I tried loading the other banks they all load, but with no data. I have read the manual, and cannot figure out what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted : 29/11/2018 4:04 am
Bad Mister

Hi Jackson,
You are receiving the “Sample Memory Full!” Error message because what you are attempting to load exceeds the limits of the built-in Sample RAM.

“Inspiration in a Flash” contains many Voices, each with a small amount of Waveforms/Samples.
Some files may contain far less in the way of total data but because some of them maybe quite large in other areas (number of samples, number of waveforms), once you exceed the limits, you receive the “Sample Memory Full!” Message. The XF only shows that specific message under the specific conditions that meet the requirements. It has tons of error messages, this one has a specific cause.

The USER Sample area of a non-Flash Expanded Motif XF spec is 128MB, 128 Waveforms, (256 Sampled Key Banks per Waveform), up to 512 Key Banks.

If the data you are attempting to load exceeds any of the above, you will get the Sample Memory Full Error.

Contrast these with the spec of the FL512M board; 510MB total, 2048 Waveforms, (256 Sampled Key Banks per Waveform), up to 8192 Key Banks.
Or the spec of the FL1024M: 1022MB total, 2048 Waveforms, (256 Sampled Key Banks per Waveform), up to 8192 Key Banks.

The XF has detected that the data you are attempting to load exceeds its limit. It is a whichever comes first proposition. Even if you have not exceeded the 128MB of internal memory, if the data you are attempting to load to internal USR uses more than 512 Key Banks, the Memory will report Full.

Posted : 29/11/2018 1:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us