Notifications
Clear all

No sound through midi on Motif Rack

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

I have a Motif Rack "tone generator" and it works fine with my DAW (Sonar) but I can't get any sound out of it without an active Midi track in my DAW. I have tried changing the utility setting to midi and listened on the Motif headphone out with no success. I am using an M-Audio Keystation 88es, which is connected to my computer via USB and to the Motif via midi cable as well. It seems to me I've had it working this way in the past (before my latest computer build) and I'm assuming it's just some midi setting that needs changing. It appears that the keyboard is transmitting on channel 1, which is the basic receive channel showing in the Motif Utility. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Posted : 22/01/2019 11:59 pm
Bad Mister

If you have the Motif-Rack XS connected to your system via a MIDI cable, make sure to set MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI
You will be able to play the Motif-Rack XS when you set your DAW MIDI Track to take Input from your controller and set the Output to whatever you are using as your MIDI Interface... sorry I don’t know the capabilities of your controller does it have the capability to act as a MIDI Interface?

If not, set the Motif-Rack XS to USB and connect it directly to the computer via USB. Then set your MIDI Track to take input from the Keyboard and Output of the Track to the Rack XS via “Motif-RackXS-1” (Port 1). You’ll need the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver for your computer type and operating system.

Posted : 25/01/2019 7:25 pm

Hi folks,

I have the same issue with my XS8 using cubase and Finale... Took some vacation, had a real rush before Christmas doing charts and arrangement, and today, none of these programs received the midi signal from the Motif (using USB cable). I'm wondering if windows updates can cause this problem?

Thanks

Posted : 30/01/2019 8:52 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us