Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Pattern and song mode

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello I have a question. I have a yamaha motif xf6. When I record in a song or pattern, there is no sound even though the screen indicates it is recording. There is no data recorded when I play the song. I would be glad if you help.

Posted : 08/12/2020 9:52 am
Bad Mister

hello I have a question. I have a yamaha motif xf6. When I record in a song or pattern, there is no sound even though the screen indicates it is recording. There is no data recorded when I play the song. I would be glad if you help.

Hi Levent,
Welcome to YamahaSynth!
The most common mistake is not connecting the audio outputs to a quality sound system.
Don’t laugh, statistics prove this... use standard 1/4” TS (Tip-Sleeve) signal cables connected to the Main L/R Outputs on the back panel. Please walk around the back physically check this connection or plug a pair of quality headphones into the Phones jack. Visually verify these jacks directly — many make assumptions about where the Main L/R Outputs are located.

What do you have your Motif XF connected to?
Are you getting any sound at all?
What type of cables?
Have you tried headphones?

Posted : 08/12/2020 11:26 am
Topic starter

1) My pattern is connected to the headset with a 1/4 ”TS (Tip-Cover) cable.
2) I hear sound. There is sound while recording. There is no sound when I play it. So there is no recorded data. I guess there is no saving process.

• The motif in the additional picture is not mine. Since I was at my workplace, I couldn't send a picture of my own motif. In the picture, the boxes under the "Tr" line are faded out. I can't mark it.

Attached files

• Posted : 08/12/2020 11:56 am
    Topic starter

can you help me please?

Posted : 09/12/2020 12:22 pm
    Bad Mister

My pattern is connected to the headset with a 1/4 ”TS (Tip-Cover) cable.

I don’t know what this means?
    Connect the MAIN L/R Outputs to speakers or connect a pair of headphones to the Phones jack.
    Headphones have a TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) connector.

Your screenshot shows Pattern Chain...
    you need to touch the [F1] PLAY option under the screen
    While selecting Section “A”
    Press

Press [EDIT]
    You should see the events recorded to this Track

You can move through the data with the Down Cursor, as you do, the Note events, if any, should sound.
    The screen indicates something is recorded... the Event List will show you exactly what you recorded.

What does your Track 1 Event List show?

Posted : 09/12/2020 1:21 pm
    Topic starter

I guess it's notabout hearing the voice .İt's about recordingthe sound. No saved data. I'm thoroughly confused.

Attached files

Posted : 09/12/2020 10:13 pm
    Bad Mister

Next to the [PATTERN] button, press [SEQ SETUP]
    Press [F3] QUICK
    Select “Quick Setup” = 1 “Using internal sequencer”
    Press [ENTER]
    Press [PATTERN]

Now try to record something.

Posted : 11/12/2020 2:59 am
    Topic starter

Thank you . i will try when i go home

Posted : 11/12/2020 11:55 am
    Topic starter

thank you. I solved the problem thanks to you. I entered "SEQ SETUP". Then I entered "MIDIFilter". I deselected all the boxes in this section. Do I have to choose some of the boxes?

Posted : 15/12/2020 12:08 pm
    Topic starter

1) I recorded an "A" loop in the pattern section. I want it to repeat 20 times. I want to find "B" then pass. After repeating 4 times I want to go find "C". Can i do that
    2) Performing live. Do I have a chance to only adjust the "click sound" when playing pattern bass?
    Thank you for your help in advance.

Posted : 15/12/2020 12:30 pm
    Topic starter

can you help me

Posted : 21/12/2020 12:51 pm
    Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us