Clear all

Request for next OS Update

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Johannes
Topic starter

Hello @Yamaha-Team,

I have a request for a future Motif XF OS update: I'm using John Melas Total Librarian (really great tool!) to quickly organize and re-sort my Voices/Performances/[Songs/Patterns]/Masters without losing dependencies between Modes. But it is a really major disadvantage that Song- and Pattern names cannot be transmitted and received via MIDI dump. Therefore the names don't show up in the Total Librarian, and re-sorting Songs and Patterns via Librarian, and then sending them back to the Motif leads to a big mess-up with wrong names all over the place.

Please allow the Motif to transmit and receive Song- and Pattern names via MIDI dump! That would be a minor change to the OS and be very helpful!

Best regards, 🙂

Jo

Posted : 21/11/2014 11:31 am

Hi there,

that's a great idea. I would be for it, for I have often had the same problem!

Best regards,

Holger

Posted : 24/11/2014 7:56 am
Bad Mister

Please see my response in the link below to this oft misunderstood point... Although the link discusses the MOXF, reality is the same for the Motif XF... There is no Name parameter for the Mixing independent of the sequence. It also discusses how to archive you Mixing setups in the Sound Browser.

Why the Name parameter does not get imported to the Editor

If you need help adapting this for the Motif XF post back here.

Posted : 24/11/2014 2:13 pm
Johannes
Topic starter

Hi Phil,

thanks for linking to the other thread in the MOXF forum! I understand your explanation concerning names being part of the sequencer instead of the mixing. BUT: wouldn't it be much more logical to consider the name NEITHER as a name for the song/pattern (as a part of the sequencer), NOR as a name for the corresponding mixing, but rather as a part of the "memory space" (don't know a better word for that) that contains all these aspects? I mean, you can enter and store a name even without MIDI data in the sequencer (no music being played by the band), AND while having an initialized mixing in the song/pattern (no band at all; or just "default pianists", if you want 😉 ). Therefore, from my point of view, the name should be independent of the "content" of that memory space.

In addition (and from a more practical point of view), don't you agree with me (and many other users using songs/patterns e.g. live for seamless switching between different parts, without even using the sequencer at all) that it would be very handy being able to re-sort songs and patterns via Total Librarian, and then reload them to the Motif WITH the corresponding names (as we can do with voices, performances and masters)?

Would it technically be impossible to update the OS for being able to send/receive the corresponding names (no matter what part of the technical concept they belong to) via MIDI dump?

Best regards, 🙂

Jo

Posted : 24/11/2014 10:15 pm
Johannes
Topic starter

Yamaha wrote:

yamahasynth.com is a user community that connects users with Yamaha unlike unofficial sites

Thanks for connecting!

Regards, 😉
Jo

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:22 am
Johannes
Topic starter

UP!

I would like to repeat my previous request! I know of so many Motif users that would like being able to use the re-sort feature of Songs and Patterns within the Total Librarian...without the need to correct the names afterwards on the Motif itself.

Yamaha, what's up? After all, the Melas Complete Pack is now (at least in Europe) included in the 40th Anniversary Premium Content Pack. It would be nice if Yamaha would contribute to a fully functional Melas Software not being constrained by the MIDI implementation of the Motif XF...

Regards, 🙂

Jo

Posted : 14/07/2015 8:37 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us