saving a pattern

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
ray
 ray
Eminent Member
Topic starter

sometime ago i made an all file back up. i now have some new recordings in pattern mode. is it possible for me to add them to my previous all file or do i have to save it separately?

Posted : 09/03/2015 6:30 pm
Bad Mister

ray wrote:

sometime ago i made an all file back up. i now have some new recordings in pattern mode. is it possible for me to add them to my previous all file or do i have to save it separately?

You cannot directly "add" data to an ALL data file. What you can do is Save your data as either a new ALL data file (.X3A) or if all you have changed is PATTERNS, then you can SAVE an ALL PATTERN file (.X3P).

Later you can assemble the data into one file... Because you can load single Patterns from an ALL data or ALL PATTERN File, once you have your new data backed up... Load in your previous ALL data file (the one you made "sometime ago") - then LOAD the new (single) PATTERN from your new file. This will create a situation inside your Motif XF where you have both the old data and now the new data.

Once you have all the data in your Motif XF - you can update your original ALL data file by OVERWRITING it with all of the data included. Make sense?

Loading a single Pattern
When you wish to load a single PATTERN, set the [FILE] TYPE = "pattern"
Then you can highlight the File (.X3A or .X3P) and press [ENTER] - it will "open" to reveal a list of the PATTERNs contained in that File. You can then select the PATTERN you wish to add and you can target any empty internal location.

Posted : 09/03/2015 7:20 pm
ray
 ray
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thanks

Posted : 10/03/2015 2:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us