Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you

Posted : 01/11/2014 9:54 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hallo Bad Mister
I've noticed that when I record single violin on midi track and then copy that trackl let's say 8 times in my case then I end up with 8 violins like I wanted and that does not take 8 tracks from VST editor , it takes only one..... That's great ! Now my question is .....You suggested earlier I'd record 8 audio tracks not midi to preserve the count of violins when playing more then one string on each violin. Does it make any difference from what you described and what I did? I know I did not play violin 8 times separately so there won't be little natural time differences that are priceless like you said, but besides that do I end up where I wanted?

Posted : 03/11/2014 4:20 pm
Bad Mister

I don't think so. The eight tracks are seven copies - and therefore will not give the illusion of an ensemble. I thought that was the point (to make sound like an ensemble). If you copy the first track 7 times you will only succeed in making the result LOUDER. While an ensemble is 'louder' than an individual violin, there is more to fooling the ear and brain into making it sound like more than one violin playing than simply making one violin louder. That will not work. It is the natural time differences when you play separate takes that allow the ear/brain to begin to be fooled. 8 violins in the real world do play perfectly together - that's what you have with copies. Using different timbre violins (Voices) will also help. But exact copies.

Hey, you've done it, does it give you what you wanted?
🙂

Posted : 03/11/2014 6:17 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

What I've done it still sounds better then regular assambley playing 32 violins 🙂 but to compare with what you're saying I will play and record it 7 more times and then I will know , uh! Takes time .....:)
Thanks

Posted : 03/11/2014 8:27 pm
Bad Mister

uh! Takes time .....:)

The best stuff does! 🙂

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:51 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister
Yes it does sound much more interesting now:)
I have a question... After I recorded these 8 violins now I want to continue same violin but with one of the effects that are on the 2 buttons on the motif. How do is do that without changing the whole track to that effect? I don't want to assign separate tracks for effect part of the same Instrument.

Posted : 06/11/2014 2:21 am
Bad Mister

Does your comment about sounding better now mean you have recorded separate passes for each violin Part? You don't actually say what you've done. Also in the Motif XF you do not put Effects on Tracks, you put Effects on Parts. Do you understand the difference between TRACK and PART and how Effects are applied.

If you have more than one Part playing the violin recorded data, each Part can have a different Effect. If all the Tracks are playing the same Part number, then that one Part is assigned to the Effects. We don't know what you have done. But if you know the difference between Track and Part you can answer your own question.

Posted : 06/11/2014 8:51 am
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I was recording violins directly into 8 midi tracks in cubase using direct monitoring, and I wanted to use continue same violin tracks but with one of the motif effects. When I press one of the motif effects buttons on the left it works except it affects the whole midi track from the beginning. I am in a song mode in motif with the same song loded that the one in cubase ,so each instrument in motif matches instrument in cubase and vst editor.

Posted : 14/11/2014 5:14 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, the question is unclear. What buttons you press is unclear (I press one of the motif effect buttons..."). What do you mean by "so each instrument in motif matches instrument in cubase and vst editor" - ???? What does that mean. What instrument in Cubase? Sorry, I have no idea what you are doing.

Posted : 14/11/2014 7:03 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us