Notifications
Clear all

Synthogy American Grand for Motif XF/MOXF

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Johannes
Topic starter

New Piano library for Motif XF and MOXF: Synthogy American Grand (Steinway D Concert Grand, 610 MB samples from Synthogy Ivory II, 8 velocity layer).

Synthogy American Grand

Regards, 🙂

Jo

Posted : 17/08/2015 6:32 am
Bad Mister

For those who live in the USA:

Synthogy American Grand

Posted : 17/08/2015 12:22 pm
Michele

Is it worth? All in all it costs around 90€, not cheap...

Posted : 14/10/2015 8:14 am

Michele wrote:

Is it worth? All in all it costs around 90€, not cheap...

never tried it.
I have 2 512 MB flashboards, so I can't get it unless I buy a 1 GB FB.
I have Ivory II American Concert D that I use with other keyboards.
I really love it.
if I were you, I would contact Greg at Synthogy support.
he is great to talk to, and he really knows his stuff.
(just sayin, if I did not have the FB problem, I would buy this immediately.)

Posted : 15/10/2015 12:44 pm
Ovidiu

I hopefully bought the American Grand library and I asked for a refund the next day. I think that will give you my take on it. I will expand on it. First, take what I am saying with some grains of salt, because I am not a "guru". I am not a real pianist I play for fun for myself and I am inspired by good sounds. Any good sound. I did own a piano and I know how a real piano sounds and feels when played. I did 8 years of piano school (I was not particularly good and dropped in the last year - in Europe) to just to get you an idea. I lived in Vienna at one point so I touched Bluethners, Bossendorfers, etc. Yamaha's too .. not Steinways though. I was passing by their place every day in the late 80's early 90's.
What I can tell about the American Grand for Motif - it definitely is not like Ivory II American Concert D - Which I understand it can't due to size (I't less then a tenth of the size)
But what was really disappointing (beside the lack of information on both Synthogy and Yamaha site) was the obvious pressure to make some money out of a good name, but without putting the right work. I do not know who packaged the library, but it has NO PERFORMANCE (though they advertise it flamboyantly in the description. I bought it firstly for performances, assuming that Yamaha, in their great care did put 128 performances with the piano in various setups from band to improved setups permitted by the 4 elements in the performance.
That's where I was wrong. There is NONE.
To make it look like there are many variations, they just put most of the voices (there's about 10 of them) with Damper OFF. !!! That's the equivalent of playing with your foot pedal on.
You can see the desperation by not having the courtesy and care to propose arpeggios to the mere 10 voices.
One is a very heavily "ring modulated" that makes it useless (unless looking for weird sound effects), one voice is a Vintage Rhodes 74 ?!?! and and Analog Pad ?!?!?
Sound=wise, the K-sound Piano 1 (it's a believable Steinway)or Bolder Pianos are more interesting (though smaller in size = apparently size it's not all, though for Alan Parsons works)
I can play the Alan Parsons Piano for motif with the sustain peal on at it will sound as a piano with sustain pedal. This one is not great, you need to pump all the time.
Similar to trying to play the original Yamaha XF S6 piano (or any other piano) due to the shortness of the sample they need to create the decayed sustain in processing and it does not work that well (Try playing the S6 with the pedal on all the time and you will get an idea why it's not really working compared to a real piano or a long sampled one - as the original Synthogy library (for Kontakt )
I think everybody is wondering why there is not much information on this library and why they are not compared side to side with others. My take is that if this will happen, there will be no sales, except for those who are mislead to buy it, hoping that the lack of information is accidental
The music mp3 samples are not really giving an idea of the piano playability and real sound. They will sound good even with the default old Motif piano patch.

Posted : 04/09/2016 5:15 am
Michele

Did you recevie a full refund?
I bought American Grand on Dec. 13th and I was so disappointed by its unwanted background noises.

Posted : 14/12/2018 2:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us