Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

This Magic Moment- How do I get a string sound to sound like the beginning of the song?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

There is a sting sound that has a glide type feature that goes from one octave to the next octave & back. It also tremolos too. How do I re-create that?

Posted : 13/04/2016 8:57 pm
Bad Mister

Talking about what a sound does can't really do it justice. Can you post an example or a link to a reference? "Glide" could be done with portamento, or simply use the Pitch Bend Wheel to change up and back the octave. "Tremolo" can be done using Amplitude Modulation or by simply using a Voice that uses a tremolo sample as its Waveform.

Another option would be to simply build a Voice by sampling the beginning of the song.

Posted : 14/04/2016 11:47 am
Topic starter

Yes, it is a portamento effect. Here is a link to the song I am referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul041CSNJto
I just need to figure out how to create the string sound in the very beginning & the effect. Thanks.

Posted : 14/04/2016 12:09 pm
Michele

Well, I don't think this is a glide effect, as you named it, created with portamento. It resembles me a flanging, deep chorusing effect processing a string sound.

Posted : 21/04/2016 8:41 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us