Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Update Firmaware on Motif Rack CS

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I bought a used Motix XS rack which has firmware version 1.01.1 on it and wish to upgrade the firmware to the most recent version.
I am connecting th erack via usb as I don't have the fireware interface.
My Pc is Windows 10.
I did not get any softwares with rack.
I have installed Cubase 5 but not sure what else is needed to upgrade the firmware.
Is an audio interface needed ?

Thanks,

Anthony

Posted : 18/06/2016 9:00 am
Bad Mister

You can down the latest firmware Updater and the instructions on how to proceed from http://download.yamaha.com

Firmware: MOTIF-RACK XS OS Updater V1.04

An audio interface is needed if you plan to record audio your computer.

Posted : 18/06/2016 12:58 pm
Topic starter

It says i need Cubase AI 4 software bundled with MOTIF-RACK XS which I don't have as I bought the rack used. Any idea as to where I can get it?

Posted : 18/06/2016 2:07 pm
Bad Mister

Cubase AI 4 has long since gone the way of the dodo. That was the current software back when the Rack XS was new (2008)... You can use any DAW software capable of playing a .mid file.

Basically, the update require you set the Rack XS in update mode, and you playback a special .mid file to it via USB. You can use any DAW

Posted : 18/06/2016 2:24 pm
Topic starter

Thnaks for your help. I managed to get it update to V1.04.
Is there any other more recent firmware updates after that for the rack unit or is that the last one?

Posted : 18/06/2016 3:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us