Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

"USB and firewire at same time using two computers and Motif XF"

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I don’t know if this is possible but here is what I want to do.
I have two computers, both are laptops, and a Motif XF. The Sony Vaio with firewire and a Samsung with USB. I want to run Karma Motif on the Samsung using USB to connect to my Motif XF and record the midi and/or audio from the Motif XF into Cubase on the Sony using firewire,running both computers at the same time.
Is this possible? If it is possible what should my settings be on the computers and the Motif XF?
If it is not possible could I run Karma Motif and Cubase at the same time using just the Sony computer and record the midi and/or audio from the Motif XF into Cubase using firewire?

Posted : 11/06/2016 8:00 pm
Bad Mister

The Motif XF cannot communicate to two separate computers simultaneously, as far as I know. Why not just record what you do with Karma Motif and then just connect to one computer for recording in separate operations. I know that the XF can record everything you do with Karma as MIDI data.

Posted : 13/06/2016 12:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us