Notifications
Clear all

Utility

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

How do i get my sound back on motif after using the local control on and off, I mean I was using it as a virtual instrument controller in my DAW, but after disconnecting it and going back to trying to play it as a standalone, I gets no sound out of it. Can anyone help, any suggestion would do.

Posted : 08/12/2014 6:44 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

After messing around I got it back right, thanks anyway now I can't wait to get my Motif Music Production Video

Posted : 08/12/2014 8:43 am
Bad Mister

"messing around" is cool... Just for those in such a bind... remember... "Local Control On/Off" is responsible for allowing the Controllers (keys, wheels, knobs, sliders, etc) to address the "local" (internal) tone generator when ON, and when set to OFF they generate MIDI messages that are directed OUT via MIDI

Local Control is a MIDI routing function.
You should always concern yourself with both MIDI routing and AUDIO. It always seems to come down to MIDI and AUDIO routing.

Here is your audio checklist:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF1] PLAY
Make sure your VOLUME = 127
(MIDI files with Fade Outs can adjust this global Audio Output level)

Press [F2] I/O
Here you can set the "FW Monitor Setup = Stand alone"
(If set to "with PC" then audio can only be heard via VSTi routing through a VST3 compatible DAW software).

These two settings will directly impact your AUDIO output.

Just FYI.

Posted : 08/12/2014 11:20 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us