Notifications
Clear all

Voice Edit from Performance Mode?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello. Can one enter Voice Edit from and while within Performance Mode? I see it is possible to enter Voice Edit from and while within a Mixing.

Thank you.

Posted : 15/05/2018 10:06 pm
Bad Mister

Hello. Can one enter Voice Edit from and while within Performance Mode?

No, a Performance in the Motif XF references the Voice in Voice mode. When you place a Voice in a Song or Pattern Mixing because you have memory to store a copy of the Voice you use "locally" with the SONG or PATTERN, you can edit the Voice (and Store a version) completely while using the Sequencer Modes. The creation of the "Mixing Voice" allows you to customize the Voice you select to use, and store that custom version inside the sequence data.

Posted : 16/05/2018 7:26 pm

This was always my #1 wish - to be able to get to all of the Voice (*Common and Element) level parameters at the Performance level. I've created alot of User Voices over the years that were nearly identical to a "base" Voice, with a little this or that tweaked that I couldn't get to at Perf level.

BM, did you say you do have access to all of the Voice parameters, including at the Element level, when its used in Song mode? without altering the original source Voice? huh ... I never knew that!

I should read this forum more often ...

Posted : 18/05/2018 12:37 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you so much, Phil!

Posted : 18/05/2018 11:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us