Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Well, I’ve Got Great News, and then a little bad news

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Good News first: I found a mint condition demo 40th Anniversary White Motif XF6 for just a couple G’s on Amazon and bought it!
(this is just to celebrate one last time 40 years of synths and our fondness of Yamaha)

Bad News: THIS Does not appear where it should HERE.

I love just being able to sit down in front of one of my XF’s and write without any learning curve.
Maybe one day when I’m ready for the Montage I will, or wait for something more to needs. 🙂

Have a great impeachment, oh I’m sorry, …. evening.:D 😉

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:57 am
Bad Mister

Hi Bubba,

Forgive me, but where is "Here"?
Where as in, where in the world?
If you live in "here", it might be quicker for you to inform your regional Yamaha... I will certainly pass this along, thank you... there are thousands of products and many different global entries, so there are bound to be errors. Thanks again.

Posted : 12/07/2017 10:47 am
Topic starter

Mr. B. you can do no wrong!
When I’m in a good mood I sometimes suffer from 'terminal facetiousness' 😉

I’m in the United States of America!
And I am interestingly temporarily stunned over the new website for Yamaha Current Downloads for All Products.
Of which use to also include an ability at the top-right of each page to change a location to anywhere in the world without searching for it.
I’m sure you can recall the familiarity we enjoyed of the older website. The searchability, customizing search to include current OS platforms-specific results, etc.

I happened on to this by accident with my newest addition.
======
ADDED: Thank you much for the link-reply within my other post about resampling pattern to audio. 😀

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:10 pm
Topic starter

UPDATE: My previous Good News find of a mint condition demo 40th Anniversary White Motif XF6 on Amazon arrived and is just like new!
It had os version 1.5 installed so all I had to do was install the New Voices All File.

By the Way, that Editor Standalone v1.6.7 still doesn’t appear on that page above in previous post. "(HERE)" 😀

Posted : 27/07/2017 6:40 pm
Bad Mister

Excellent.

There are several lost links, there is someone looking into it (not to make excuses, but there are an incredible number of products being supported and with this brand new global portal, there were bound to be some items misplaced... please accept our sincere apologies, and if you find a "lost link", we really appreciate the head's up... ultimately, it ensures that, eventually, it will be corrected.

The first time it was pointed out to me the number of actual product links on the Yamaha website (as a whole, across all instruments), I just thanked my lucky stars that it wasn't my responsibility to manage them all, and I could get back to explaining why Motion Control Sequences have to have two different default Reset points.

Thanks for the head's up.

Posted : 28/07/2017 11:49 am
Topic starter

Thank you Sir for the kind words...
There has never been yet a need for apologies, from Yamaha or yourself Mr. C.

It’s kind of funny, I bought my first XF8 in 2011 and our second XF8 White (for her) in 2014… now it looks like the two of them had a 'little one' 😀
All the rooms have an XF for writing ideas down quickly, quietly some nights, but still nothing in the main living room.
Maybe one day it’ll have a Montage there...
I’ll be watching around here to read if they somehow now allow for writing and editing one’s own arpeggios … we do that allot, sometimes with real instruments.
We don’t really require much more from a synth than only authentic sounding acoustic instrument sounds that are tweak-able, and to use with the XF’s expanded articulations. Synths that can do that well or better than anyone else will be satisfying to the songwriters out there. In my opinion there’s a large enough market for them (us) too. Interesting other sounds like, "butterflies in space", I heard someone say once 🙂
and the first time I ever heard a synth was at the end of Lucky Man, questioning in my old fashioned style, "what instrument is that!" 😮 … we don’t really need.

Good luck to yourself and Yamaha who makes the acoustic instruments mentioned above... that puts them into a unique advantage category to be able to reproduce their sounds flatly and correctly allowing each writer to tweak to taste on their 'Work-Station'.
===
Added; Here’s someone whose philosophy inspires me.
Danny, I first saw standing in front of a very loud band at The Whiskey at West L.A. called "Oingo Boingo" in 1977.
Now of course he’s been doing films work.
ENJOY! https://youtu.be/712ntdvBBTg

Posted : 28/07/2017 6:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us