Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Where can I store and recall AD volume and Master Effects parameters?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I'm trying to see if there exists a way to store the AD parameters such as Volume and Pan and the Master Effect parameters. I play with an external digital piano and I've the DP connected to the MOTIF XF. Now for some parts of the song I'm playing I need to adjust the Master Effect parameters and the AD input Volume. None of these can be stored in the Scenes... How can I achieve it? Is it possible?

Posted : 13/09/2016 2:09 am
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Tones wrote:

Hi A! Every Performance, Song setup and Pattern setup have those storable settings. From your description I would suggest doing this in
Performance Mode. The A/D input attenuation is an analog control but once you have gain staged the input you do have a programmable volume control of the A/D. There is also a specific program change series of numbers for program changing in
Performance mode so that IF you are directly midi'd to the Motif XF...with your DP as the master and want to sent program changes from your master keyboard...you can do that too. lMK if you need more detail. Happy to help you out!

-Tony

Thanks Tones. I don't use the PERFORMANCE mode. The arranged song is in the PATTERN mode and there are 9 instruments and polyphony will be an issue if the piano is played on the XF (and by no means I want to introduce a note cut off during the song playback).

I don't understand the term MIDI'd but if you mean if my DP is pretty basic (Casio PX-150) and is connected through the AD input to the MOTIF. My DP doesn't have midi ports it has a USB midi port. The AD volume knob on the back of the MOTIF is adjusted properly and in the MIXING panel of the MOTIF panning and volumes and effects are all set to the desired values.

Here is the scenario I'm facing:
In the beginning I'm playing chords with the DP, and I need to set the AD volume to 45 and the Master Effect compression to a high attack value and med-long release. At one point I need to play melody therefore I need to set the VOLUME of the AD to around 65 and decrease the release to short-med value. Again I need to play chords so I had to recall the first parameters.

I'm not that much of a technical person when it comes to MIDI programming. So I didn't understand this part of your reply:

the input you do have a programmable volume control of the A/D. There is also a specific program change series of numbers for program changing in
Performance mode so that IF you are directly midi'd to the Motif XF...with your DP as the master and want to sent program changes from your master keyboard

and yes if you please! I need help and know how to set this up 🙂 !

***BTW the only way I know to store MIXING settings is by using the SECEN1-5 which cannot store AD parameters and Master Effect parameters.

Posted : 13/09/2016 3:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us