Notifications
Clear all

Why sell your equipment

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
Topic starter

Hello question why are some talking about selling their equipment when new equipment is released
Why would you sell a S90xs or a motif xf because a new machine comes out, really. if you had a classes
Mustang would you sell just to say you have the new one. For people who do not need the new Montage
Don't worry it will be available if and when your needs change.

Posted : 29/09/2016 10:28 pm
Michele

Well, reasons why people are selling their instruments are different from one to another. There're no rules about it. I think the main reason - at least f0or non pro musicians - is they assume to be better players and performers with a newer instrument.
People want to change their instrument because latest sound better than the previous ones. That's why I made in 2003 a big jump from Korg T1 to Yamaha S90, then in 2005 a jump from S90 to S90ES, last in 2011 I bought a Motif XF7 - retaining S90ES. To complete my collection in 2014 I bought CP4.
Usually I don't think to change my instrument when new equipment is ready, I prefer change it when I really need it or the technological gap is worth.
That's why I realized that Montage is not for me. I'm waiting for Roland or Korg answer...

Posted : 02/10/2016 3:21 pm
Eminent Member

Agreed, Michele. (Also agree on your XF7/CP4 pairing, 🙂 The reasons surely are widely varied. Folks are on different trajectories of instrument-tech mastery, needs, desires, financial, space & time resources, boredom, holes to fill, etc…. From the forums, it surely does feel folks seem to upgrade needlessly; but, that's likely just the feeling an individual gets from reading from a large pool of users. Always there are those in transition.

Posted : 06/10/2016 5:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us