Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Will Yamaha make a new Workstation any time soon?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Don
Topic starter

Will Yamaha make a new workstation any time soon? Montage is not a Workstation but more of a synthesizer.

Posted : 24/07/2020 11:09 am
Trusted Member

I doubt it. I think workstations are considered passé. There is a small group of people(I consider myself one of them) who like working with a self-contained keyboard better than using a computer. But I guess most people prefer the computer. I get it: it allows you much more flexibility, the ability to upgrade easily, more precise editing, etc.
I am still working exclusively with a motif xf. It is very powerful and deep machine. I think if you're willing to put in the time, you can create your own unique sound using just the motif. However…
I am looking at computers and DAWs. I think it's necessary if you want to record professional quality audio with mics etc. Also, if you want to keep up with whatever the latest sonic trends are – wavetable synthesis, modeling – can't do that with one workstation so far as I know, although the korg Kronos is reputed to be a beast.

Maybe I'm just repeating what everyone knows, but that's my view.

There are a number of older threads with people discussing and even arguing over the question of whether Yamaha will or should create a new workstation. Just so you know.

Posted : 29/07/2020 3:18 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us