Yamaha Cloud Audio Recorder

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rich
 Rich
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Got an MD-BT01 and it works great with the motif apps. However the app in title bar hasn't been updated and requires wireless connection as opposed to BT. Any chance this will be updated or replaced? Thanks

Posted : 05/03/2016 10:46 pm
Bad Mister

No. The MD-BT01 translates to "MIDI Device BlueTooth 01" it will work for beaming MIDI data (not audio) and since no one has ever actually heard MIDI, this is unlikely to happen. The Cloud Recorders are strictly audio apps.

If you own a Motif XF, then you want to download and install the "Cloud Audio Recorder for Motif XF" which requires you get a compatible USB Wifi Device (it connects to the USB "To Device" port and I use a hub so I can connect storage devices simultaneously). This type of device will allow you to transmit audio wirelessly from Motif XF. A list of compatible USB Wireless devices that will allow you to transmit audio from your XF are found on the MOTIF XF Download page at http://download.yamaha.com
Look for the "Compatibilty List"

(I use the Buffalo WLI-UC GNM with great results.)

The MD-BT01 (and the UD-BT01) work only to transmit MIDI data from the connected device bi-directionally, (not audio). And therefore will work with the Apps that are MIDI based. Hope that helps.

Posted : 06/03/2016 12:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us