Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Any way of making it so all the presets have the same decibels output?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
so I'm having a problem with my mofx8 keys.
Basically I have many varied presets I use when i perform but the problem is that some are drastically quiter than others.
Now I do realize I can simply edit by pressing f2 and turning the knobs to adjust every volume of every instrumets.
But what I want is for all the presets to have the exact same DB output.
And at the moment even if i edit the volume, a solo celesta in voice mode is simply gonna be much quieter than a performance of 4 loud instruments.
Would really appreciate help with this problem.

Posted : 24/03/2017 3:51 pm
Bad Mister

You can use a COMPRESSOR/LIMITER on the OUTPUT, this will lower the loud sounds and raise the soft sounds, but you may find this works for your purpose or not. This is what a sound engineer would do on a signal that was too loud at times and too soft at others. I am qualifying this because depending on how you set it up, you may or may not get exactly what you need. (in other words, you mileage will vary.

I'm baffled a bit by your statement that you could hit "f2 and turning the knobs to adjust every volume of every instrumets" _ I don't know what MODE you are in that F2 would let you adjust VOLUMES but...

You can create MASTER FX (MFX) that is a Multi-Band Compressor... this will be applied to each program throughout VOICE mode.

Hold [SHIFT] + EFFECT [MASTER] (left of the screen)
Setup the Multi-Band Compressor as you require.

This will be applied to each VOICE you call up. There are several PRESETs for this MASTER EFFECT (MFX) - Are you familiar with working with Multi-Band Compressors?

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:03 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us