Clear all

Assignable footswitch and rotary speed

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Carlo
Topic starter

Hello everybody.
I have a (probably silly) question about the assignable footswitch.
I have set it to duplicate the function of the AF1 button, so that when I use an organ voice programmed to have the rotor speed toggled by AF1 I can speed the rotor by pressing the footswitch, and I can leave both hands on the black and white keys. 😉
Problem is, even if the AF1 is set to "latch" the pedal acts as "momentary", so that I have to keep it pressed until I want to slow the rotor down again.
Is there a way to make the footswitch to latch, or should I buy a "physically latched" one?
Thank you in advance.
C.

Posted : 07/10/2017 5:30 pm
Bad Mister

Problem is, even if the AF1 is set to "latch" the pedal acts as "momentary", so that I have to keep it pressed until I want to slow the rotor down again.
Is there a way to make the footswitch to latch, or should I buy a "physically latched" one?

You have correctly answered your own question. No setting in the keyboard is going to change your momentary Foot Switch to a latching Foot Switch. If you have a physically latched one, it will work for this purpose.

Posted : 07/10/2017 7:36 pm
Carlo
Topic starter

Thank you!

Posted : 07/10/2017 7:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us