Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can I turn on and off the Midi out with the foot switch?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Greg
Topic starter

I have a MOXF8 and a Hammond SK1 that I use as my stage rig. I want to use the MOXF as a lower organ register on some songs but not most. So I would like to be able to turn on and off the MIDI out so that when I am using the MOXF for something other than organ (using the SK1 as the engine) I do not get the organ playing through. A good use case would be on song 1 I need the lower organ register and will not be using any internal MOXF voices, easy enough just dial sown the volume on the MOXF and I get a beautiful dual register organ and no MOXF voices. Scenario 2 is where I have problems, when I have the midi cable attached and I need to use both keyboards in their native environment. In this case I may have the MOXF set to Concert Piano for example and the SK1 is cranking, I get organ from the MOXF through the midi to the SK1, this is not good as the parts are different. How do I use the foot switch to toggle between these scenarios without pulling and replacing the midi cable?

Thanks
Greg

Posted : 21/09/2017 2:21 pm
Bad Mister

No. A Foot Switch cannot be used to turn OFF and ON MIDI.

If you are using the MOXF's MASTER keyboard function you could deactivate the ZONE but it would require you press a button.

Posted : 23/09/2017 6:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us