Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can MOXF Patterns and Songs be selected by an external keyboard/controller ?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I’m in the midst of reconfiguring my master/slave keyboard setup. I am currently using Master Setups on my MOXF8 keyboard to trigger MODX7 (slave) Performances.
I am integrating a midi pedal board – so that I can trigger scene changes on the MODX. So I have the midi pedal board connected between MOXF and MODX (MOXF Midi Out to pedal board midi in – pedal board midi out to modx in). I am trying to use only one sustain pedal to control both keyboards. The sustain pedal is connected to the MOXF. I’ve achieved partial success – meaning I can trigger a multi part performance on MODX7 from the MOXF8, and I can use the pedal board to switch between scenes without any issue on the MODX.
My only issue at this time is that I can only sustain on one of the parts on the modx (part 3). Sustain is fine on the MOXF. Ideally, if I can trigger sustain on all parts of the MODX – that would be my ultimate goal while not layering MOXF and MODX sounds together. Here are some additional details on the midi settings on all. MOXF Master setup midi details – Zone 1,2,3 transmit on channel 1, Zone 4 transmits on ch 3, Notelimit High and Low=G8. Midi pedal board (Behringer FCB1010) sends and receives on ch 3. MODX Utility settings: MIDI I/O Ch=3, MIDI I/O Mode=Single, Zone Master=On. MODX perf settings – Part 1 Zone settings (Zone On, Int SW=On, Tmit Ch=3), Part 2-5 – Zone settings are turned off. So I’m not sure if what I am trying to achieve is do-able with MOXF as the master kybd. My only work around at this point is to connect a 2nd sustain pedal – but I didn’t want to operate two sustain pedals. I’m open to reconfiguring my master/slave setup – so that the MODX was the master and MOXF was the slave if that’s my best option. If I had to do that – this brings me back to my initial question; if it was possible to select a Pattern or Song on the MOXF from the MODX via program change – or would I have to do that manually ? I understand that a MOXF Master set-up cannot be triggered from the MODX. If the answer was "manually" - to automatically select a song - I guess I would have to export the songs from the MOXF and import into MODX7 and trigger them there - should I make the MODX7 the master. I was hoping not to do that but would do it if that's my only option. Hoping this isn't too confusing and I apologize in advance that this was so long winded. Thank you.

Posted : 19/02/2022 7:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

My only issue at this time is that I can only sustain on one of the parts on the modx (part 3). Sustain is fine on the MOXF. Ideally, if I can trigger sustain on all parts of the MODX – that would be my ultimate goal while not layering MOXF and MODX sounds together.

The issue is that using Zone control on MODX is defeating your single-channel MIDI I/O mode which would be needed to get sustain to apply to all Parts.

If you change your setup to send on Channel 1 and MIDI pedal to send/rcv Channel 1 (instead of 3) - then MODX should start sustaining all of of the Parts even when single-channel mode is defeated.

Posted : 19/02/2022 9:03 pm
Topic starter

Thank you Jason. That did the trick !!!!

Posted : 20/02/2022 2:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us