Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can the MOXF be used with a Yamaha Stereo Amplifier with USB DAC Function...?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

(Bad Mister) - Can the MOXF be connected to the Yamaha A-U671 Stereo Amplifier with USB DAC Function - using the USB out from the MOXF to the USB in of the A-U671...?

Here is the A-U671 product sheet:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/a-u671/index.html

Thanks!

Posted : 22/10/2017 2:01 am
Bad Mister

No. The USB “To Host” is not an Out, only, but a bi-directional connection, both In and Out, that goes to a “host” device like a computer, laptop or tablet that can host a driver necessary to communicate with the MOXF via both MIDI and Audio protocol.

You read the item, did you see any mention of anything connecting to that amp via USB but a computer? No. These audiophile devices are for high end home entertainment systems.

Posted : 22/10/2017 11:02 am
 G
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

No. The USB “To Host” is not an Out, only, but a bi-directional connection, both In and Out, that goes to a “host” device like a computer, laptop or tablet that can host a driver necessary to communicate with the MOXF via both MIDI and Audio protocol.

You read the item, did you see any mention of anything connecting to that amp via USB but a computer? No. These audiophile devices are for high end home entertainment systems.

Thanks for the reply!

That is what I am trying to do - figure out how to connect the MOXF to a home entertainment Yamaha receiver/amp and Yamaha tower speakers.

Other than using 1/4" to RCA, etc. patch cords, etc...

Posted : 22/10/2017 4:13 pm
Bad Mister

Then your question is better posed to the Home Entertainment side of things for what you can connect. The USB input allows the A-U671 to be used as a Digital-to-Analog Converter with sample rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz as PCM and DSD sample rates as high as 5.6MHz... but you are playing back music stored on the computer. Beyond that I have no direct experience with this.

But I don’t believe there is any direct connection available between gear like your synth and a device like A-U671; The Audio Data must be “stored on the PC”; This indicates to me that the driver interacts /prepares the data in some fashion. I suggest you contact the Yamaha Electronic Corp (a separate part of the company) for what the requirements are for running audio through the A-U671 (as a DAC) via USB. (It is as far away from my area of Yamaha as motorcycles or Waverunners. Sorry).

Posted : 22/10/2017 5:46 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us