Notifications
Clear all

Cantabile 2

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there @YamahaSynth,

how can I get the MOXF8 to work with Cantabile as a VST-Instrument?

Kind regards

Christoph

Posted : 15/01/2015 10:36 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, we don't know the software Cantabile or if it is capable of running the MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor VST.

Is Cantabile able to run VST3 plug-ins? That is the specification you must find in your software.

Posted : 16/01/2015 1:24 am
Topic starter

Hi again

in my opinion Cantabile ( http://www.cantabilesoftware.com) is one of the best VST-Hosts one can get and of course, VST3 instruments can be loaded. I just don't know which of the MOXF-.dll I should load into Cantabile. Perhaps you can help ...

Kind regards from Cologne

Christoph

Posted : 16/01/2015 11:35 pm
Bad Mister

Christoph wrote:

Hi again

in my opinion Cantabile ( http://www.cantabilesoftware.com) is one of the best VST-Hosts one can get and of course, VST3 instruments can be loaded. I just don't know which of the MOXF-.dll I should load into Cantabile. Perhaps you can help ...

Kind regards from Cologne

Christoph

I contacted TopTen Software (the folks who make Cantabile) and was told by Brad Robinson that there is no support for VST3 in Cantabile 3.

I was provided the following links that tells that they originally planned on it but decided against it. So the MOXF Editor VST will not be able to run in your software, sorry.

http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/Articles/19/Questioning-VST-3

https://trello.com/c/6DnzjiXR

What you may be able to do is run the MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor as a Standalone (you simply launch it along side your DAW software), you will simply have to save the MOXF Editor file separate from your DAW file.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 17/01/2015 2:01 am
Topic starter

Thanks a lot for your great support. It's a pity Cantabile doesn't support VST3 because of issues Steinberg/VST3 seems to be responsible for. Is there any stable VST3-Host for Live Performances you can recommend?

Regards from Cologne

Christoph

Posted : 17/01/2015 6:30 pm
Bad Mister

Well, that's a funny way to put it. VST3 is the next level of communication in the evolution of VST technology. It is a protocol originally developed by Steinberg, so I guess things that work and even things that don't work would be their responsibility. But they cannot write the code for third party developers.

Maybe Cantabile will revisit it in the future. VST3 really does add some extremely useful features to both internal synthesis and effect processing, as well as for external synthesizers and processors.

Posted : 18/01/2015 2:23 am
Topic starter

I didn't want to blame Steinberg - they do a great job and I use Cubase since 1985 (!) - I really adore what they have done for the developement of Music. Nevertheless my opinion is that a protocol which is meant to be a tool at least for general purposes has to be transparent esp. in it's interfaces so that third party developers can adress it easily. If I understand TopTen developers right that is not given. Sorry if I have been wrong in my understanding - I do my very best to improve my English 🙁
Once more my question: Is there any stable VST3-Host for Live Performances you can recommend?
Best regards
Christoph

Posted : 18/01/2015 10:21 am
Bad Mister

Not from Yamaha. You might want to contact Steinberg directly via your MySteinberg Account. They certainly would have access to more information than I would about VST3 third party developers. And you might want to bring the issue(s) that Topten engineers seem to be having. We all want everything to be easy/transparent, some times it is not... Usually the more innovative, the more complex it gets, at least that is what I've found.

Posted : 18/01/2015 12:48 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us