Notifications
Clear all

connecting 11Rack, POD HD500X & MOXF8

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all!
I have an 11Rack, a POD HD500x and a MOXF8 and I'm not sure how to connect them all to my computer.
1. I'd like to play the MOXF8 without starting my DAW (PT11) through the speakers attached to my computer.
2. I'd like to play the MOXF8 without modification by the 11Rack.
3. I want to use all three at times in PT11

As I said...not sure how to connect them all... ideas?
Thanks!

Posted : 27/05/2017 12:04 pm
Bad Mister

1. I'd like to play the MOXF8 without starting my DAW (PT11) through the speakers attached to my computer.

As long as you are not seeking to record/overdub and mixdown all you need is a way to connect your MOXF to your computer.

Typically, computers do not have appropriate inputs for this task, and the result (frankly) are not satisfying. Once connected you'll need a way to route the signal using the computer's built-in driver. This means some kind of utility or application.

In general, when building a home studio around a computer, you do not use the speaker systems that come with the computer (as we think you'll discover).

Sorry I don't know what an 11Rack is or what the HD500x is... (sound like guitar Effects...(?))
I'll assume PT is not a boat, but is Pro Tools...

Can you provide a bit more detail - what type of computer?
Why you want to use the computer's built-in sound system?
The built-in sound system is good enough for playback only, it will not serve as a quality recording/overdubbing/Mixdown platform...

Recommended: external audio interface and pair of quality Monitor Speakers.
BTW- the MOXF8 has a built-in audio interface, that requires you connect its speakers to a quality Monitoring system.

Posted : 30/05/2017 7:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us