Notifications
Clear all

Cubase 8 Pro

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Hello!

1. If I buy Cubase 8 PRO will I have all the convenience of working with the MOXF, as is done in Cubase AI?

2. Can someone to show me a professional project, which was made using the MOXF& Cubase?

Posted : 15/12/2014 6:26 pm
Bad Mister

1. If I buy Cubase 8 PRO will I have all the convenience of working with the MOXF, as is done in Cubase AI?

We are sure you mean "Cubase Pro 8" - Are you really asking if the purchased version will do as much as the free version (AI)? well, that's for certain. Free versus $$$... Yeah, I'd say the answer is YES.
However, Cubase Pro 8 is brand spanking new and we highly recommend that while it goes through its initial shake through, you utilize the time to learn and to master working with Cubase AI7 (first it's free, you already have a copy, it's been debugged when it comes to the Advanced Integration with VSTi routing etc., etc., with current Yamaha products like your MOXF).

If you are one of those people who have to update your computer operating system, immediately DAY 1, even though it doesn't work with 90% of your software - then you might want to rush right out and get Cubase Pro 8. I would, however, recommend waiting ... Particularly/especially if your goal is to work with the MOXF.

Look for announcements from Yamaha and/or Steinberg about updates for the "MOXF Editor Standalone/VST" and other ancillary software. As far as I know there has been no updates yet for the Yamaha Extensions for Cubase, that work for the new Cubase Pro 8... those will be necessary in order to work successfully with the MOXF VST Editor. Patience is key here.

But in general, the commercial versions of the software do everything that AI does and a whole lot more - I cannot think of one thing you lose moving to a purchased version.

2. Can someone to show me a professional project, which was made using the MOXF& Cubase?

Maybe this is lost in the translation - how would you like to be shown a "professional project" made using the MOXF and Cubase? What is your definition of a "professional project"?

The professional is the musician making the music... say, like me, I'm a professional musician. A project is not professional or amateur - really
The project is a file made by a computer program to contain the musician's work... as in a Cubase Project file .CPR
Therefore any project made by a musician, like me, is a professional project. Would you like to see the File icon? Hear the music?
You are probably a professional musician - make a project on the MOXF and Cubase and you will have the best idea of how it can be done.

Professional musicians can make music with almost any software - you name it. From the simplest to the most advanced software, it is always what YOU make of it!

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question (I cannot tell sometimes when people are being serious or just kidding - trying to ask a question for the fun of it) ... it just sounds very strange to me. In the future we plan on uploading some Cubase Projects made with a MOXF and I guess that will "show you"... until that time, you'll have to trust that anyone professional or amateur can make music with Cubase!

Posted : 15/12/2014 7:07 pm
New Member Guest

Thank you, Phil for Your answers.

1. I saw somewhere on the forums that Cubase AI more designed for full integration with MOXF than PRO & LE version of the product.

2. The word "professional" I had in mind - quality. The project, which can be broadcast on the radio. Or MOXF is a tool for hobby? I.e.is it designed for making (home) demo recording?
I would very much like to hear the projects of professional musicians, made on the MOXF& Cubase. In order to gain my experience. But don't know where to find them.

Posted : 15/12/2014 7:42 pm
Bad Mister

Anton wrote:

Thank you, Phil for Your answers.

1. I saw somewhere on the forums that Cubase AI more designed for full integration with MOXF than PRO & LE version of the product.

AI, Advanced Integration, has more functions specifically designed for a Yamaha product than LE. Both are free versions found as a perk when you buy certain music production related products. If you buy an audio interface by a certain brand you might get a copy of Cubase LE. But only when you buy a hardware product by Yamaha or Steinberg do you get a copy of Cubase AI. Because again, it has special features, advanced features, usually only found in the purchased commercially available versions of Cubase.

Cubase Pro 8, is a for purchase, commercially available version, which will follow Cubase 7 series as the top-of-the-line for all Cubase.
It will do everything AI does and a whole lot more.

Posted : 16/12/2014 1:31 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us