Notifications
Clear all

Foot Switch / Foot Controller for AF1/AF2, turn on/off parts etc

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

I'm searching for foot controller that could switch between AF1/AF2, turn on/off parts etc. Such device could have four or more programmable switches that would be helpful for live playing. For example I need to turn on one part when two hands are very busy at the time or for example turn on AF1. But I don't know it's possible? I saw many single foot switches, but I don't even know if they will work with moxf.

Posted : 08/12/2018 5:48 pm
Bad Mister

Hello,

I'm searching for foot controller that could switch between AF1/AF2, turn on/off parts etc. Such device could have four or more programmable switches that would be helpful for live playing. For example I need to turn on one part when two hands are very busy at the time or for example turn on AF1. But I don't know it's possible? I saw many single foot switches, but I don't even know if they will work with moxf.

The Assignable Function 1 and 2 Switches, use Control Change messages CC86 and 87, respectively. You cannot “switch between” them as they are not related like that, but you can turn them On or Off by using a controller that can send cc86 and/or cc87.

When playing a Synthesizer you can over state the “two hands are very busy” thing. A Synthesizer originally had no keyboard—it was entirely a two hands on the front panel device, and when the keyboard was added as a convenient set of On/Off switches, still one hand is usually used to “work” the front panel, along with the MW and the PB Wheel.

As a good number of “synth” sounds are not “Pianos” you can very often, more than you might think, have a free hand to “work” the Synthesizer. Granted an acoustic Piano is a “two-handed” instrument, but then it does not require MW, PB Wheel or much of any distractions from your two-handed Exclusive approach.

That said, when you wish to farm out Controls to Foot Switches here’s what you need to know.
Go to [UTILITY]
Press [F4] CTL ASN (Control Assign)
Press [SF1] ASSIGN

Here you can see the current CC numbers your controllers are referencing. Example: By assigning a device to send cc86 it will operate AF1.
Press [SF2] FT SW (Foot Switch)
If you have a Foot Switch plugged into the Assignable Foot Switch jack you can Set the CC number or function you wish it to control.

An external FS, like the Yamaha MFC10, can be used send CC messages In via MIDI.

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:13 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us