Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Getting audio, not midi output from MOXF8 to Mac

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a MOXF8 and have connected it to my Mac. On Garage band, I'm only getting Midi output and am able to only use Garage Band's instruments. I want to use the built in voices of MOXF8 to record straight into Garage Band. Do you know if that is possible
Thanks so much
Utkarsh

Posted : 06/02/2016 10:59 am
Bad Mister

Hi Utkarsh,

I'm sure it is possible
Sorry, but we cannot offer support for Garage Band here, that is best handled by Apple. There is nothing extraordinary you need to do with the MOXF8 to have it output MIDI and audio - it does that all the time automatically. Why not use CubaseAI?

One thing we can tell you, you will need to select the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver if you wish to have the MOXF communicate MIDI and audio to your computer. Be sure you select it within your program's setup.

Posted : 06/02/2016 2:13 pm
 Marc

When you say "Be sure you select it within your program's setup." If I'm attempting to get the MOXF to communicate with MBP / Mainstage3....

Do you mean I need to open Mainstage3 and initiate or look for something that says program setup...

Do you mean after I download USB Driver to MBP to select that driver from Mainstage3?

Obviously confused.

Appreciate you.

Marc

Posted : 28/06/2016 1:41 am
Bad Mister

When you say "Be sure you select it within your program's setup." If I'm attempting to get the MOXF to communicate with MBP / Mainstage3....

Do you mean I need to open Mainstage3 and initiate or look for something that says program setup...

Do you mean after I download USB Driver to MBP to select that driver from Mainstage3?

Obviously confused.

Appreciate you.

Marc

Sorry, didn't see your Mainstage3 related question hiding in this old thread. I didn't mention anything about using Mainstage3 in my post.

If you are using the MOXF with a computer, you will need to select the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver within the DAW software you are running. You don't mention a DAW, at all. DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) refers to software like Cubase or Logic Pro etc., and allows for audio and MIDI recording and playback.

If you have questions on Mainstage3 you should contact Apple.

Posted : 11/07/2016 2:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us