Clear all

How can I make my own micro tuning presets on MOX/F

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I was wondering if I can create micro tuning presets on MOX/F or is it possible to import it from MOTIF XS/F?

Posted : 01/12/2015 3:49 am
Bad Mister

One of the differences between the MOXF-series and the top-of-the-line XF is User Microtuning which is available on the upper models but not available on the MOXF. Sorry.

Posted : 01/12/2015 11:33 am
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Very interesting! Is it true that XF only lets you do it on VOICE mode or I can save it in Performance and Pattern/Song modes too? I was considering an upgrade to MOXF. I really like the new sounds and the flashROM expansion feature.

Bad Mister for many like me who play oriental music being able to micro-tune the instrument is necessary and for a company like Yamaha which makes outstanding gears such as XF and MOXF with audience all around world it's a surprise that it's not there. Do you think Yamaha will ever embed this capability in their entry level products? Or it would be awesome if you deliver my message to development/engineering team at Yamaha? Also Yamaha just released PSR-A3000 which has some nice oriental voices, is there ever a chance we see these samples in MOXF/XF instruments?

Posted : 01/12/2015 10:13 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister or anyone from Yamaha, I do really appreciate if you answer my question.

I'm considering an upgrade to MOXF but micro-tuning is incredibly important for oriental music. What I'm asking is being able to edit the micro-tunings and save them in MOX/F. MOXF is a great instrument but it lacks this very simple feature. It exists in Korg Krome?! Also I want to know if I use MOTIF XF am I able to use a micro-tuned instrument in the PERFORMANCE/SONG etc mode?

Posted : 05/12/2015 6:21 pm
Bad Mister

I'm considering an upgrade to MOXF but micro-tuning is incredibly important for oriental music. What I'm asking is being able to edit the micro-tunings and save them in MOX/F. MOXF is a great instrument but it lacks this very simple feature.

Asked and answered already. Not sure what you want me to say.

Also I want to know if I use MOTIF XF am I able to use a micro-tuned instrument in the PERFORMANCE/SONG etc mode?

Again. It is available in the Motif XF. In all modes, etc.

Perhaps the Motif XF is a big price leap - we have the Yamaha PSR A-series that focus quality sound engine with advanced MicroTuning (even beyond what is available on the Motif XF). This is probably more on target for what you are doing and looking for... And closer to the price range of the MOXF...

Posted : 05/12/2015 7:18 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister for many like me who play oriental music being able to micro-tune the instrument is necessary and for a company like Yamaha which makes outstanding gears such as XF and MOXF with audience all around world it's a surprise that it's not there. Do you think Yamaha will ever embed this capability in their entry level products? Or it would be awesome if you deliver my message to development/engineering team at Yamaha? Also Yamaha just released PSR-A3000 which has some nice oriental voices, is there ever a chance we see these samples in MOXF/XF instruments?

Thanks bad mister. The above was my second question. Is it possible if you please? PAR-A3000 seems to be a good keyboard but I don't use Arrangers. I infer from what you said that I can do what I'm doing with MOX/F or a MOTIF with PSR A-3000? How far I can edit voices in a PSR and how is the sequencer compared to MOX/F?

Also I don't have access to MOTIF XF and I searched for it and here is what I'm not sure of and didn't get it:
Let's say I micro-tuned a voice and saved it. Am I able to use the saved voice in performance or song modes in MOTIF XF? Does it work as a global adjustment too? All the instruments set to a micro tuned preset?

Tyros has some premium oriental packs is it possible to see something similar in MOTIF series? I know the voices are not compatible but at least the samples can be used? Will it ever happen? MOX/F already have some ethnic voices which are not enough I believe so it sounds very logical to offer oriental packages for MOTIF series?

Best

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:08 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks bad mister. The above was my second question. Is it possible if you please? PAR-A3000 seems to be a good keyboard but I don't use Arrangers. I infer from what you said that I can do what I'm doing with MOX/F or a MOTIF with PSR A-3000? How far I can edit voices in a PSR and how is the sequencer compared to MOX/F?

seems I am answering the same question again and again. I'm sorry, I'm not being clear. I will try again. I did not (until now) know, you "don't use Arrangers". Your original question was about micro-tuning nothing else. I am not sure how far you want to edit Voices. The Arrangers have a "SONG RECORDER"... The difference is one of focus.

A 'sequencer' (as the name implies) is constructed so you build your composition a part at a time... in sequence... One track after another. The MOXF and Motif XF have sequencers. You select each Instrument manually and build your composition one-by-one.

The 'song recorder' (as in an arranger) is constructed so you record all parts simultaneously... Each of the 16 Parts you can control in real time. Typically, there are 3 Right hand sounds, and a left hand sound. These are directed to Tracks 1-4 of the Song Recorder. The Tracks 5-8 are set to record data from the real time MULTI PADs, while your 8-piece accompaniment (backing) are directed to 9-16...

The MOXF and the Motif XF feature sequencers.
The PSR -series feature song recorders.

That said, you can do what is referred to as Multi Record, where you can setup to record one track at a time, but again the "focus" of the product leans heavily toward recording a performance all at once. So there is some overlap of what each product category does and how it works.

The PSR-series do not have the ability to edit Voices on the same level as the Synthesizer's. We have no idea "how far" you want to edit Voices (you'd need to communicate that), but if you were to say, this is important, then buying a synthesizer would be what want (MOXF/Motif XF)... Not necessarily an arranger.

Also I don't have access to MOTIF XF and I searched for it and here is what I'm not sure of and didn't get it:
Let's say I micro-tuned a voice and saved it. Am I able to use the saved voice in performance or song modes in MOTIF XF?

Again: Yes.

Does it work as a global adjustment too?

Sorry that question is unclear. You "micro-tuned a voice and saved it." What do you envision when you say "work as a global adjustment too"? The Voice can be stored with your User Micro-tuning. Currently, by default all Voices are stored referencing Equal Temperament tuning. If you create a User Micro-tuning and STORE it, then apply it to a Voice, you can store the User Voice with that tuning. And then just like you edited a filter, the edit goes wherever you use that Voice.

All the instruments set to a micro tuned preset?

If you apply your micro-tuning to an instrument, you store it to a User location. No: Not all instruments, only the ones you've edited, applied your tuning and have stored. And this is available in the Motif XF... Not the MOXF.

Tyros has some premium oriental packs is it possible to see something similar in MOTIF series? I know the voices are not compatible but at least the samples can be used? Will it ever happen? MOX/F already have some ethnic voices which are not enough I believe so it sounds very logical to offer oriental packages for MOTIF series?

Anything is possible. I cannot, even if I knew, reveal future plans. The Division that is responsible for Arrangers (Tyros, PSR-S, PSR-A series) has found a huge market for their premium world content... and their arrangers.

In general, the Tyros5 is the top-of-the-line Arranger Workstation and has capability to add the premium packs that integrate with its arranger engine, both Styles (accompaniment) and Voices. Again, that seems to be what you are after.

I kind of get (you really have told us very little about what you do or what you are really looking for) sorry if my answers don't land where you want... But you are assuming we know what you are looking for.

No the MOXF does not micro-tune
Yes the Motif XF does
Seems you want the synthesizer from the Motif XF and the oriental content and Microtuning ability of the Arrangers in one keyboard.. Sorry we do not make such a keyboard at this time.

Will we in the future? I cannot say. Because I don't know!
Hope that helps.

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:41 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks bad mister I know Yamaha doesn't make it but I really do appreciate if you transfer it! It's not just of my interest there are many like me. Also having oriental voices does not really need a new instrument does it? 🙂 but thanks for the time you put in to answer my questions.

Posted : 06/12/2015 12:02 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us