Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to disable the internal sound of the MOXF when used as midi controller?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys!

I am new here and also new to the MOXF, and haven't found an anwer to this neither in the web nor in the manual (?!).

I wanna use my MOX F8 as a midi controller for FL Studio. Just as this dude does it in this youtube vid from min 6:40 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0oy6tngllE&t=320s).
Everything works so far, the midi signal is sent to the DAW and the VST sound comes back. The problem is that there is still the internal sound of the MOXF. So i hear both the MOXF instrument and the VST.

How can I disable the internal sound from my MOX, so that I only hear the VST?

All your answers will be appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance, cheers!
Johannes

Posted : 30/10/2019 8:32 pm
Bad Mister

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF2] SWITCH
Set Local Control = Off

Local Control connects the MOXF Keyboard to the MOXF Tone Generatorβ€”disconnect Local Control when you only want to transmit via MIDI.

Reference Manual page 148

Posted : 30/10/2019 8:56 pm
Topic starter

YES, that was it! Thanks you so much πŸ™‚

Posted : 30/10/2019 10:02 pm
Bad Mister

When you are working with a computer, it is common practice to set Local Control to Off. You let the DAW software do all the directing of the signal.. be it to a VST, or back to the MOXF. Just remember you have it turned Off when you want to play the MOXF without the computer.

Posted : 31/10/2019 1:31 am

Hello, is it not possible to assign external VST's to some parts while the synth's own internal voices to other parts in Performances or Songs/Patterns? Like with the Roland RD 2000. I was thinking to use the synths own piano while using a backing or synth pad from Cubase; just as an example.

Posted : 04/11/2019 12:50 am
Bad Mister

Not sure if it is like the Roland, but yes you can play both internal and external sounds.
The MOXF features a four Zone Master keyboard function that can be used to play internal or external instruments per Zone.

Posted : 04/11/2019 6:42 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us