Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

how to record a guitar through the moxf in to the Sonar X3?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Hello, friends! I ran into a problem. How to record a guitar in a DAW using the moxf as audio interface. When recording I can hear the sound from Sonar and moxf at the same time. In moxf pure sound of the guitar. In the Sonar, the sound of the guitar processed by the GuitarRig plug-in.
I need to during the recording of the guitars I've heard only processed by the plug-in sound.
Who can help me?

Posted : 14/09/2014 4:02 pm
Bad Mister

Hello, friends! I ran into a problem. How to record a guitar in a DAW using the moxf as audio interface. When recording I can hear the sound from Sonar and moxf at the same time. In moxf pure sound of the guitar. In the Sonar, the sound of the guitar processed by the GuitarRig plug-in.
I need to during the recording of the guitars I've heard only processed by the plug-in sound.

The MOXF can act as a four Input/two Output audio interface for your computer.

You can route the signal of the guitar to the A/D Input of the MOXF which can process the signal with its Dual Insertion Effects and route it via USB 1/2 to your DAW.

At the same time the MOXF can route its internal synth Parts to your DAW via USB 3/4.

If what you are attempting to ask, is how do you process this incoming signal with plug-in effects, that is really a question for the good folks at Cakewalk (as it is clearly a Sonar operational question).

We can help you route the signal from the A/D Input through the MOXF's own Dual Insert Effects before routing it to your DAW.

In SONG / PATTERN modes:
• Press [MIXING]
• Press [EDIT]
• Press [COMMON]
• Press [F5] A/D IN
• Press [SF2] CONNECT

Here you can select any two INSERTION EFFECTS for your input signal:
• Press [F6] EFFECT
• Press [SF2] INS SWITCH
Set the Switch = On for the AD Part

If you are going to process this signal further in a Sonar, we can tell you that you want to opt to monitor post the computer processors. This would mean you would opt for the Direct Monitor setting in the MOXF is set to Off. This way you would hear the guitar 'post' (after) it has been processed with you computer plug-in.

You will be at the business end of the latency gun, as this processing does require your computer CPU to generate then process those plug-ins.

Let us know how that works. You may find that using the MOXF's hardware Insertion Effects more compelling... They are certainly latency free.

Posted : 14/09/2014 8:27 pm
New Member Guest

you would opt for the Direct Monitor setting in the MOXF is set to Off. Let us know how that works.

Thx, Bad Mister! Everything is OK! No latency (64 samples in driver settings).

Posted : 14/09/2014 10:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us