Notifications
Clear all

I can't seem to get my layer button to work on moxf8

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Big
Topic starter

so I'm trying to layer my voices, I make sure that is in voice mode and I press the layer button. When I press the layer button nothing happens. I did a factory reset. Also are the button lights supposed to be so dim? They ate bright for a split second when I turn the unit on and then they go dim. Please help I've only had this unit for 12 hours and I hope I dont have to return it.

Posted : 20/06/2015 5:02 pm
Bad Mister

Please make sure you are using the Yamaha PA150 power adapter with your MOXF.

Posted : 20/06/2015 10:24 pm
 Big
Topic starter

I am, I have two pa150 and same result for both

Posted : 21/06/2015 5:18 am
Bad Mister

When I press the layer button nothing happens. I did a factory reset. Also are the button lights supposed to be so dim?

Obviously, we cannot see how bright or dim your lights are, but they should be steady, not bright initially and then anything else later. They are a consistent brightness. There are times when a button will flash - but this is also very obvious and with a consistent brightness for the ON status.

If you are convinced that you know how to Factory Reset your instrument and are confident you are in VOICE mode (see "troubleshooting" below), when you press the LAYER button - and truly nothing happens. I would return your MOXF8 ...

Troubleshoot Check Listtttt

Factory Set
Power ON your MOXF
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Press [ENTER]
Press [ENTER]

Let the unit complete its reset routine.

Checking the PERFORMANCE CREATOR function
Press the [VOICE] button.
It should be the only MODE button lit.

The screen will read "VOICE" in the upper left corner. If not you are not in VOICE mode Performance Creator will not work!
Select any VOICE you like...
Press the [LAYER] button
The MOXF automatically should move to PERFORMANCE mode. In fact the following should occur:

The [PERFORM] button, the number [9] and number [10] buttons, along with the [PERFORMANCE CONTROL] button will light steady RED / and the number [2] button, the [LAYER] button and the [CATEGORY SEARCH] will be flashing together indicating that a second PART has been added (layered) and you are now set to SELECT via Category Search that second PART

If this is not the case with your MOXF8... please contact your authorized Yamaha dealer.

Posted : 21/06/2015 6:15 am
 Big
Topic starter

Thank you I appreciate your help, it still doesn't work. I just found out none of the performance creator functions work, so I am returning it 🙁

Posted : 21/06/2015 8:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us