Notifications
Clear all

Installing 4 UJIIE sounds - Inspiration in a Flash installed

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

When loading content you have the power to tell the library which user bank to load into. This would be my recommendation previously documented.

Posted : 02/09/2022 4:39 pm
Topic starter

I don't want to lose all voices from one bank...

But can I chose (by Moxf) one unwanted voice from Moxf (with Inspiration in a Flash) and do replacement, and load (by Moxf) one voice from UJIIE instead of unwanted voice, to location where is unwanted voice?

Posted : 02/09/2022 5:22 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Purchase the Melas tools.

So you know - if you use the "All" load type then this will replace "All" meaning all user banks. This is why I suggest 1BankVoice because it gives you the power to select only one of the banks to load to (USR1, USR2, USR3, or USRD).

If you cannot lose one bank of IIAF then you're painted into a corner of having to merge two libraries into the same user bank because this is a limited resource. JM Tools allows for this.

You could use bulk dumps to try to shuffle around content.

I haven't checked if the editor lets you do any bank management.

There have been previous discussions regarding this type of request and the user either ends up living with getting rid of one Bank from a given library that uses more than one or purchases JM Tools to mix and match.

Posted : 02/09/2022 5:31 pm
Topic starter

Ok. I will do that when I buy computer. I must build studio first.

On the Montage I will be able to do that kind of one to one replacement by Montage screen when Montage memory will be full and I want to load voice (sound) from usb?

Posted : 02/09/2022 5:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

On Montage you cannot load IIAF (completely). The reason is that much of the content uses either outdated or incompatible formats. Even if it does load you will find sounds that either do not work entirely or have certain keys that do not sound. This is true for other promotional content from the previous generation keyboards.

Having set that expectation - you're able to mix and match on Montage more effectively. Instead of 3 user banks in MOXF Montage will give you one user bank and 8 library banks ("slots" ). Each library will only take one bank (one Library slot or one User bank). The size of a library slot is the same as the size of the user bank (640 Performances max). If you want to combine two different expansion packs then you can load each into its own library, backup your user bank, then erase (initialize) your user bank, then pick and choose one-by-one Performances from each Library to import into your user bank. Importing doesn't overwrite anything in the user bank. This is a "merge" function. It will copy sample and Performance data to the user bank as needed. Then, once this is done, you will be able to generate a new Library file from your User Bank. This is a Library merging two (or more) other Libraries. Then you can erase (delete) the original Library slots that are not merged and now load the new merged Library File you generated from the User Bank. Finally, you can restore your saved user bank so the user bank ends up with the same content you started with before doing this merging.

It's not a small amount of work but it's possible to do without buying anything. If you want to streamline the process, the JM Tools (for Montage) can be used.

Posted : 02/09/2022 6:12 pm
Topic starter

Thank you very very much Jason for all help. I would load probably UJIIE file by commend "All" ...X6A in Moxf and I would be in trouble if you didn't tell me this important informations. Thanks a lot.

Please tell me If I will be able to replace (by Moxf) Bank 3 ethnic sounds and load to Bank 3 CP1 piano library for Moxf? Will it fit to Bank 3?

Posted : 02/09/2022 6:34 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us