Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Loading both VOICE & PERFORMANCE Favorite Categories from USB - then "SAMPLE FULL" Error Message * not able to load .X6V file?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Wondering how to load both VOICE & PERFORMANCE Category Favorites to USB. I put them into a DIR02.X6V file on the USB as "ALL VOICE" yet when I reinstall them only the VOICE Favorites come up as downloaded while the PERFORMANCE Favorites remain unchanged. Is there something beyond saving them as ALL VOICE needed to also have the PERFORMANCE category Favorites on the USB for recall to download back on the MOXF?
PLEASE ADVISE and as always THANKS MUCH....

Got this answer from a user - Simply SAVE an ALL file. ......

- Now, though, when I try to load my .X6V file from my USB I get a “Sample Full” error message. I have 74% Free on my Expansion Flash Module and 60% free on my USB. I also saw a thread about removing “Same Name Waveforms” and did this, yet nothing changed. I still have my original desired .X6V file on the USB yet it will not load because of the “Sample Full” error message and I seem to have lost all of my Favorites after doing the Factory Reset. I did the Factory Reset to hopefully clear the memory thinking I could still load my original setting with the existing X6V file form the USB, of course. Any help on clarifying this would be helpful - THANKS, again

Posted : 15/08/2015 12:33 am
Bad Mister

First, things: When you save an ALL VOICE file, you only save the VOICES. You do not save any Performances that these Voices were used in. Sorry. If you did not save your data as an ALL data file, (which as the name implies, saves "all" data) you will not have a record of the PERFORMANCES.

ALL data means literally, every user programmable function and feature in the MOXF.
ALL VOICE means, literally, every user Voice in the USER 1, USER 2, USER 3, USER 4 and USER DRUM banks is saved to the file.

Got this answer from a user - Simply SAVE an ALL file. ......

That is the correct answer. Here's what you want to take away from this, the difference between VOICE and PERFORMANCES: Voices are individual programs... Performances are combinations of up to 4 Voices. Performances are not saved in an ALL VOICE file.

PERFORMANCES only "point to" Voice locations. In order to SAVE PERFORMANCES you must save an ALL data file (.X6A). From an ALL data file you can ensure you have saved the PERFORMANCE setup. Unfortunately, the .X6V is an ALL VOICE file and only contains the VOICES, not the Performances.

Now, though, when I try to load my .X6V file from my USB I get a “Sample Full” error message. I have 74% Free on my Expansion Flash Module and 60% free on my USB. I also saw a thread about removing “Same Name Waveforms” and did this, yet nothing changed. I still have my original desired .X6V file on the USB yet it will not load because of the “Sample Full” error message and I seem to have lost all of my Favorites after doing the Factory Reset. I did the Factory Reset to hopefully clear the memory thinking I could still load my original setting with the existing X6V file form the USB, of course. Any help on clarifying this would be helpful - THANKS, again

You are compounding one problem with another. Your Board will report "Sample Full" only when the maximum overall number of Samples has been exceeded. This would mean you have or are attempting to exceed the 8192 sample limit. If you had exceeded the maximum number of Waveforms (2048) a different message would have been displayed "Waveform Full". These messages are not retrieved unless the condition is met.

Now this can happen when you (mistakenly) loaded several duplications of your data. The WAVEFORM LIST contains the names of the collections of Samples you have installed to your FLASH BOARD. Waveforms on the list cannot be OVERWRITTEN. This is the most important thing I can tell you, they cannot be Overwritten, not by accident, not on purpose. You must either purposefully DELETE a Waveform or you must FORMAT the BOARD. Never, ever, will loading a file Overwrite a Waveform and its Samples.

New Waveforms are always simply added to the lowest numbered empty location on your Flash Board, 0001-2048.
You must direct the MOXF whether or not you want it to load any Waveforms and Samples from a FILE when you load it. If you know the Waveform is already installed on your FLASH BOARD, you must clear the box that says "with Waveform" - doing so means that only the Voice parameters will load... no duplication of data can possibly take place. If you do not clear that box, and you are loading from, say the original Library file, well, it has a different "catalog" from your Waveform list - so no Waveforms is ever overwritten so the data is Duplicated at the end of the list. Without know what, and how you have been loading data to your MOXF, we have no way of knowing exactly what you've done.

So without more information, we can only tell you that an ERROR MESSAGE is only retrieved under specific situations. The "Sample Full" error message is not unclear thinking on the part of your MOXF operating system, rather it is a pre-programmed response when a specific condition is met or is attempting to be met.

When you LOAD an ALL data file, you are offered an opportunity to select whether you wish to load, with or without Waveforms and/or Samples... If you are not loading from a FILE you personally have made with your MOXF, you may easily start to duplicate data when you load. It is imperative, once you begin installing data to your FLASH BOARD, to make your own files. And that you set that option carefully.

Your files will contain the exact order in which Waveforms are installed on *your* FLASH BOARD. This way when you attempt to load back your own data you do not wind up with duplication of data you have previously installed.

We can certainly help you sort things out. But without an idea of exactly what you are dealing with, we can only describe in general terms what to do. Let us know.

Posted : 15/08/2015 1:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us