Notifications
Clear all

Midi help

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Greg
Topic starter

I figured out how to get apps on my iPad Pro to work on my MOXF8 (wasn’t easy), but both the voice on the MOXF8 and the app play at the same time. I can adjust the volume (master and DAW) on the MOXF8, but the master volume has to be up in order to hear the DAW instruments. Is there a way to just hear the DAW and not the voice on the MOXF8? I mean it’s nice to be able to layer but sometimes I just want to hear that mini Moog by itself.

Thanks for any help!

Posted : 09/11/2017 2:34 am
Bad Mister

The usual situation would have the MOXF set to Local Control = Off, this way you only hear the internal MOXF when you choose a MIDI Track set to return MIDI to the MOXF on a specific Channel.
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF2] SWITCH
Set Local Control = Off

Local Control connects/disconnects the MOXF Keyboard with the MOXF Tone Generator. When set to Off, your key presses and controller movements are sent Out via MIDI, only. In order for them to trigger the MOXF, you must ‘complete the circuit’ by going through a DAW MIDI Track set to echo the signal back to the MOXF via MIDI to the MOXF port 1 and on the specific channel you wish to trigger.

Other than that each MOXF Part has its own Output Level which contributes to the Main L&R Output. To set the balance between the external device (DAW LEVEL) and the Part you are playing, use the Part Volume. Both contribute to the Main Volume slider... remember the MOXF Main Volume is acting as the audio interface (not the volume of the synth alone, but a combination of the synth’s output and the Device output. The MOXF has sixteen synth plus one analog A/D INPUTs each with its own Part Volume.

Posted : 09/11/2017 4:41 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us