Clear all

Midi Thru

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi, I need help,
I need to know if there is a way to have the Midi Thru port of my MOXF6 working as a Midi Out port.
I have three instruments 1) Yamaha Moxf 2) Korg Electribe 2 3) Yamaha TX 802, they are connected in this way :
Korg Electribe Midi OUT ( it doesn't have the Midi Thru) to ------> MOXF Midi In-----> then MOXF Midi Thru to ----> Yamaha TX 802 Midi In
The result is that the TX802 plays only notes,sequencer and every other Midi data received by the Korg Electribe, but it doesn't recognize the Moxf, at all,
when I play notes on the Moxf nothing happens to the TX802. All the Midi channels are matched correctly and all the midi cables have been checked.

Let me know, it's important for me

Thank you very much to everyone in advance

Posted : 03/11/2016 10:57 pm
Bad Mister

The behavior of your ports is exactly normal.
THRU -the data just passes through the device.
OUT - is different, it outputs data generated by the device.

The MOXF has a MIDI IN, OUT and THRU. It does not have an IN and two THRUs, nor does it have an IN and two OUTs.

Each Port has a specific use. If you wish to trigger the TX802 from the MOXF, connect the MIDI OUT of the MOXF to the MIDI IN of the TX802.

You don't tell us what you wish to happen - but clearly you need either a MIDI splitter or a MIDI merge device depending on whatever combination you require.

Seems like you want to trigger the TX802 with both the Electribe and the MOXF (merge)
or
If you want to have the Electribe trigger both the Tx802 and the MOXF you'd need to split the single.

Either way, no, there is no way to change the THRU to an OUT.

Posted : 04/11/2016 4:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us