Notifications
Clear all

MIDI TO AUDIO

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Maga
Topic starter

Hello. I have a MOXF8 and currently i'm using CUBASE as my DAW. I'm trying to convert my MOXF vst MIDI tracks to audio tracks. I read all the tutorials (MOXF BASIC AUDIO RECORDING PARTS 1,2 AND 3) but i found no clear step by step explanations of how to do it. I succeded using MOXF editor, i´m receiving exactly the sounds i chose, tempo it's OK, sync too...
But i don´t know how to create a bus or route the signal in a proper way. I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks

Posted : 28/09/2017 3:57 pm
Bad Mister

If you have the Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor Standalone/VST running and it is your Audio Interface... then you need only do the following:

Set the Start and End Markers to include the entire range of measures you wish to render as audio...
On the menu bar go to FILE > EXPORT > AUDIO MIXDOWN

Setup the dialog box that appears

You want to place it in the POOL and to create an AUDIO TRACK in your Project.

Once you have the dialog box completed you can click EXPORT. The data is not virtual audio ... this is real audio so it will be rendered in real time... So if you song is 3 minutes it will dutifully take three minutes to convert it.

You don't mention what version of Cubase you have so your mileage will differ slightly but if you get stuck post back here. The result will be a STEREO .wav file... Create one at the SAMPLE RATE and BIT RESOLUTION you want to use...

When playing it back make sure you MUTE your other Tracks - by making AUDIO TRACK in the setup box, this will create a wave right there in your Project.

Posted : 28/09/2017 10:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us