Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MO8XF Is Not Producing Left Output Sound While In Stereo

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a MO8XF, and recently the Left output is not producing any sound whenever I have 1/4 inch cables in both the L/R main outputs. Even when I use headphones, the left side is not present. Does anyone know what that is stemming from and how can it be resolved?? This Synth sounds Great in Stereo for Live as well as recording, please advise.

Posted : 06/11/2023 10:08 pm
Prominent Member

Four possibilities come to mind:

1. the performance isn't producing any left channel signal
2. the performance is producing a left channel signal but at a volume so low you can't hear it
3. the performance is producing a left channel signal but it is panned far right so nothing is left for the left channel
4. the left channel is physically broken - in the instrument, in the cable, or in the speaker/headphone

Please post more info about what you have tried and the results.

Did it work yesterday but isn't working today? Does it work for ANY performances?

Have you tried creating a simple, new performance and tested that?

Have you initialized the instrument to make sure there isn't a mute or other setting affecting things?

Posted : 06/11/2023 10:18 pm

If the issue also occurs when using headphones, it suggests that the problem is likely internal to the synthesizer. In this case, it's recommended to contact the manufacturer's support or take the synthesizer to an authorized service center for further inspection and repair.

Posted : 01/03/2024 6:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us