Notifications
Clear all

MOXF Editor

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm trying to edit a voice in the "AXXE MO XF" sound library using the MOXF Editor. I've loaded the voices into the USR Bank (3), however, after selecting "ONLINE" and syncing the Editor doesn't show any of the libraries I loaded into the USER Bank (3). It just displays all of the presets originally stored in USER Bank (3). I copied a voice I'm interested in to another USER Bank (1) but it still doesn't show up in the Editor. Any suggestions? Thank you

Posted : 22/11/2020 7:57 pm
Bad Mister

When you sync’d the Editor, you apparently sent the Editor’s contents to the Keyboard.

Load your library to the MOXF.
But before you bring the Editor ONLINE
Click on “Bulk” > “Data Sync”
When the dialog box opens you want mark it so the EDITOR is “Receiving” data from the Keyboard. Set the Banks you want it to capture.

This puts it in the Editor, now, when you bring it Online, it will have the data in place.

EXTRA CREDIT: What likely happened
The “Bulk” > “Data Sync” should be used after you have launched the Editor, but before you bring it fully Online. Because your “Auto Sync Setting” probably are set so that when you open a stored Project it will automatically SEND to the synth the data it has stored for that Project. That is ideal for that use. You normally want to open a Project and have the EDITOR automatically send the CURRENT data to your MOXF.

But you wanted to do something different... You wanted to start by having the EDITOR “receive” what you have currently in the synthesizer (not restore previous Banks). This is the reason to use the “BULK” option to capture your current MOXF, before you bring the Editor fully ONLINE.

Anytime you want to “teach” the Editor what you have in your synth, start with the BULK, RECEIVE (KEYBD —> Computer) then when you bring it Online, the worst thing that happens is, it sends the just captured data back to your MOXF.

HINT: One of the “Auto Sync Settings” is for “Voice”, this will, when active, synchronize all User Voices every time you bring the Editor ONLINE. I have found that leaving this inactive (Off) saves time— particularly, because it is most often restoring Voices already loaded in the User Bank. I have found in the years of using the MOXF, that it the rare occasion that I need to restore all of the Voices automatically. Revisiting data from several years ago, I might need to restore all the Voices — at which point I would activate the VOICE option. So if you have been waiting a long time when bring the Editor Online, you may consider changing the Voice Option = Off.

Hope that helps. Let us know.

Posted : 23/11/2020 7:15 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I got it. Thank you. I didn't realize the EDITOR had its own "content". I'm also using it as a stand-alone application. I have not used EDITOR as a VST3 Plug-in with Cubase yet as I'm still having issues with the MOXF and Cubase connections (another day and post).
Apart from the MOXF Editor Owner's Manual is there any other reference you would recommend reading? Also, am I correct in understanding that the John Melas Tools provide the same functionality of the MOXF Editor but goes further in that you can edit the waveforms?
Thank you again.

Posted : 24/11/2020 7:50 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Follow-up questions ...
Apart from the MOXF Editor Owner's Manual is there any other reference you would recommend reading? Also, am I correct in understanding that the John Melas Tools provide the same functionality of the MOXF Editor but goes further in that you can edit the waveforms?
Thank you

Posted : 02/12/2020 4:02 pm
Bad Mister

The Editor’s Owner’s Manual is the definitive document... for using the Editor.

The Waveform Editor is a separate product from the MOXF Tools (Total Librarian: Voice Editor, Drum Editor, Performance Editor, Mix Editor, and Master Editor). You should reach out to John Melas through his site if you are unclear about what is and is not included.

The “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor Standalone/VST” is a Voice Editor/Librarian, which also handles MIXING setups (Song/Pattern)... there is no Performance Edit feature, nor is there a Master Edit feature.

Posted : 02/12/2020 8:17 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you Bad Mister for following up. Regards

Posted : 03/12/2020 6:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us