Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOXF + Logic Pro X + me = noncompatible...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi 🙂
I can not get my Yamaha MOXF8 to work with Logic Pro X 🙁
I've been trying for a while. If I use my Roland keyboard as an external midi it works perfectly. But I would like to use the MOXF8.
Are there any issues with drivers from STeinberg Yamaha that I have not heard of?
or is there anyone that has a guide to reinstalling driver and software properly, so it will work?
Midi port 1 from MOXF8 in logic is missing.
Thx, Kasper

Attached files

Posted : 12/06/2017 7:55 am
Bad Mister

Hi Kasper,
The configuration of the MOXF8 may, indeed, be different from your other keyboards. This will depend on how you are going to configure the MOXF into your setup.

The Yamaha Steinberg USB driver can handle both MIDI and audio communication between your MOXF and your computer. Each is separately configurable. It is not clear from your post if you are intending to use the MOXF as your main audio interface or you have another device performing that role.

But on the MIDI side of things the MOXF will appear as 5 Ports. Each Port in USB-MIDI is defined as bi-directional (in/out) and having multiple channel support.
Port 1 is the MIDI data you want to capture on Tracks. Note-on, controllers, tempo, etc...
Port 2 is exclusively for DAW Remote Control communication
Port 3 is the so called Thru function and allow you to connect one external device to the 5-pin MIDI jacks
Port 4 is used for the VST3 EDITOR (VST3 compatibility necessary)
Port 5 is used for creating Control templates for VSTi soft synth plug-in (VST3 compatibility necessary)

You'll want to configure your MIDI communication on Port 1.

On a Mac you should verify connection by launching "Audio/MIDI Setup" > Window > "Show MIDI Studio"
The MOXF should appear active.
Double click the active icon and make sure "Port 1" is selected for MIDI IN / OUT

Posted : 12/06/2017 12:56 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us