Notifications
Clear all

MOXF stage noise

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Ian
Topic starter

I own a MOXF8 and play regular at the same venue every week. The sound engineers says there is noise coming from the board. I don't experience this at home, and the other keys player does not have this issue (he owns a different board). I generally play my sounds in master mode. Is there any settings that could be causing this, or is it an interference issue? PSU? Grounding?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 10/03/2016 11:24 pm
Bad Mister

It is almost impossible to diagnose a noise from here, via the Internet. Sure, it could be almost anything, bad cables, bad DI box, ground issue, user error... almost anything.

Let's try to remove "user error" by getting rid of some common known mistakes:
_ if you are not using the A/D Input, make sure the MIC/LINE setting is set to "Line" and that the Gain knob is set to minimum. If the Gain is up and you are set to Mic, even with no load (no mic connected) the preamp is active and in absence of Signal there will be Noise.
_ what else do you have connected to your instrument? USB to computer, laptop, iOS device? Try eliminating these while troubleshooting the noise.
_ eliminate any adapters, or non-standard connectors, use regular TS signal cables.

Posted : 11/03/2016 12:49 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us