moxf usb problem

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I had a mo8 and I never had problems to work the MIDI with the USB
I now have a moxf8 and the operating system fails to recognize the driver
I have MAC OS 10.12 sierra

I do not know what to do, if before I had no problem with the same operating system

please help me!!!

in te section DEVICE NAME I have not any option!!!

Attached files

Posted : 23/05/2017 6:21 am
Bad Mister

Hi Allan,
Welcome to Yamaha Synth.

Congratulations on your new MOXF! The MOXF uses a completely different driver from your old Mo8.

The MO8 was MIDI only via USB - so it used the "Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver" you show above.

The MOXF8 communicates both MIDI and Audio via the USB connection, and therefore uses an entirely different driver "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.9.10 for Mac" - which is a special dual driver (single install) that handles both MIDI and Audio communication functions between the MOXF and the computer.

You do not have to uninstall anything, the drivers can co-exist on your computer. The MOXF just ignores the old driver (as you know)... and if you still want to use the MO8 it's there ready to go.

In addition to multiple Ports of MIDI (5 in all), you will communicate as many as four channels of audio (dual stereo).

Go to the Official Yamaha Download page and download the driver for Mac

http://download.yamaha.com

Select your country
Enter your MODEL NAME: MOXF8
When the SEARCH RESULTS appear verify: MOXF8

All available items for the MOXF will appear (Manuals, Firmware updates, Drivers, Software, Content Data, etc.)

You can further refine your search by your computer's operating system.

The download comes zipped, and usually includes instructions in several languages. Once you install the correct driver you'll be on your way. There have been many improvements since the MO8 - you've moved two generations into the future.

Please see our MOXF Getting Started guides here on YamahaSynth.com and if you get stuck, you can post back here.
By the way we moved your post to the dedicated MOXF Forum.

Posted : 23/05/2017 12:23 pm
Topic starter

Thank you

Yes, that process I already did. I did the installation of the required drivers

But the problem persists

In this screen in the space of "devise name" does not appear any option. Therefore it does not recognize the synthesizer

Attached files

Posted : 24/05/2017 6:09 am
Bad Mister

I'll try again, that is the wrong driver. Please download and install the driver Yamaha Steinberg USB version 1.9.10 for Mac.

On your Mac open System Preferences... the "Yamaha Steinberg USB driver" will appear as a red icon listed under "Others" on the bottom row. Version is 1.9.10

Posted : 24/05/2017 11:50 am
Topic starter

I checked the driver version dle and it is the same

But the problem persists. I do not know what to do

In the YAMAHA -USB MIDI control window. In the "Device Name" section there is no option

Is it possible that my Synthesizer is damaged from the factory?

This is the screen

Attached files

Posted : 30/05/2017 5:24 pm
Bad Mister

We will try a third time: please trust us, that second screenshot is the wrong driver... there is NOTHING because your keyboard does NOT use that driver, period.

The first screenshot is the correct driver... and clearly your computer properly sees it. it handles both Audio and MIDI for your MOXF keyboard. You have installed the proper driver for the MOXF... Move to the next step, which will be setup in the software you are attempting to use.

Posted : 30/05/2017 5:34 pm
Topic starter

I installed the driver one more time without results

I do not understand what the problem is When I used my previous MO8 it was simple to install

And now the MOXF8 is not recognized by the operating system. It is as if the cable is not connected

How can I be sure that the MIDI input of the synthesizer is not damaged at the factory? I think that's the last option

It's very sad for me

Attached files

Posted : 31/05/2017 11:14 pm
Bad Mister

Allan,

If you don't mind me asking - where are you located? If you are in the USA, please call for help, they will walk you through step by step what you need to do to get dyour MOXF8 connected with the computer.

The MOXF8 is recognized by your operating system because you posted a screenshot correctly showing the Yamaha Steinberg USB version 1.9.10 is installed!

Your most recent post is the first time we see you are have software that needs to connect to the Driver.
In the MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor you need to click on the PORT 1 options and set them to Port 1 and set the PORT 4 options to Port 4... What happens when you click on the word "Not Assigned" - do you see any options at all?

Let's check the basics in your MOXF8:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF4] OTHER
Make sure that MIDI I/O = USB
Press [STORE] to store this condition to your system.

Posted : 31/05/2017 11:24 pm
Topic starter

Let's check the basics in your MOXF8:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF4] OTHER
Make sure that MIDI I/O = USB
Press [STORE] to store this condition to your system.

I have already done this. It was the same as with the mo8

I am using the new USB cable and the previous USB cable. And it's the same

I'm from costa rica. Not from the USA

🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

Attached files

Posted : 31/05/2017 11:49 pm
Bad Mister

The USB cable must go directly from the MOXF to the computer... nothing else in between.

Launch "Audio/MIDI Setup" on your Mac.
The "Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8" should appear as an available Audio Device.

Let us know.

Posted : 01/06/2017 6:21 pm
Topic starter

yes, The USB cable must go directly from the MOXF to the computer

I have 3 screenshot

were does appear "Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8"???

Attached files

Posted : 01/06/2017 7:52 pm
Bad Mister

I only need screenshot #3 (Audio Devices)

While on this screen plug in the MOXF8 - if the port is working the "Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 4-in/2-out" will show up.

Attached files

Posted : 01/06/2017 8:27 pm
Topic starter

So... this is my problem!!!

is not reconize the Sintetizer conection

for this I started this question in the forum

I do not know what I can do any more

Are you sure that the MIDI input of the synthesizer is not damaged at the factory? is not a possibility ?

Posted : 01/06/2017 8:33 pm
Bad Mister

I cannot be sure of anything, I'm thousands of miles from you. Anything is a possibility. Seems like you have many items doing audio on your computer. Before you send your instrument to the service center I certainly would try to simplify what you have going on in your computer -if only to test the system. If that is not an option try plugging your MOXF into a different computer.

Did you open the MIDI side of the "Audio/MIDI Setup"...?

Look on the MIDI side and see if the icon for the MOXF shows up... especially since your audio side seems pretty busy!

Posted : 01/06/2017 9:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us