Notifications
Clear all

MOXF VST mixdown to multiple tracks

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello Everyone!

I think I finally have my MOXF8 -> Cubase workflow mostly ironed out for recording midi through the MOXF VST and external instruments through audio tracks.

My question comes to the MIXDOWN process when i have finished my midi/audio recordings. Is there any way to have the MIXDOWN create separate tracks for each midi part in in my MOXF VST? As of right now (when i check "Pool" and "Audio Track") it just creates one stereo audio track in my project.

The reason this is important to me is because I would like to continue to make small edits to specific tracks after it is rendered to audio. The main edit in mind is fade in/fade out/level changes. Is there any way to do this in midi before MIXDOWN?

Thanks!

Posted : 10/11/2016 5:36 pm
Bad Mister

My question comes to the MIXDOWN process when i have finished my midi/audio recordings. Is there any way to have the MIXDOWN create separate tracks for each midi part in in my MOXF VST?

That would be the type of thing you could do with the Motif XF... it has 16 bus outputs. The MOXF has dual stereo Outputs so at maximum you can output PARTS via USB 1/2 or via USB 3/4.

If you wish to separate each to their own track you will need to export audio mixdown in multiple passes.

The MOXF is a 4-in/2-out audio interface for the computer via USB
The Motif XF is a 16-in/6-out audio interface for the computer via FW
The Montage is a 32-in/6-out audio interface for the computer via USB

The reason this is important to me is because I would like to continue to make small edits to specific tracks after it is rendered to audio. The main edit in mind is fade in/fade out/level changes. Is there any way to do this in midi before MIXDOWN?

Yes, there is (and you save thousands of dollars 🙂 and you will love how this works). Yes, if what you want to do is automate Fade in and Fade out level changes believe it or not you can handle this just fine in MIDI.

If you have the MOXF setup as VST notice the "R" and "W" icons - these are READ and WRITE automation. When you create the MOXF VST, it creates a FOLDER with two lanes and a MIDI Track. The two lanes are AUTOMATION and (virtual) AUDIO RETURN.

Click on the "W" when you are ready to record automation (you do not have to put the track in RECORD - the WRITE command is all you need. The "R" will also light - this is normal. When playing back simply deselect the "W" and leave the "R" illuminated - each PART will have its own separate AUTOMATION graph. You can also automate PAN positions changes, Effect Send Levels, AEG settings, and the AF 1/2 switches.

Try it, you are going to love how this works!!! Let us know if you get stuck.

Posted : 10/11/2016 7:47 pm
Topic starter

Thank you so much!

This is brilliant. My research had not taken me into automation yet. I'll toy with that this evening.

Thanks again! Awesome quick response.

Posted : 10/11/2016 9:00 pm

Another more tiring option is to mute all the MIDI tracks except the one you want to export in audio and perform the audio mixdown.
You have to repeat this process for each and every MIDI track and then import the exported audio files into your Cubase project.

Posted : 24/11/2016 9:23 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us