Clear all

MOXF6 and Pro Tools 12

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Kurt
Topic starter

Greetings!

I CAN do MIDI recording within Pro Tools without any problem but then it starts to be problematic when I am going to playback from Pro Tools to the MOXF.

In Pro Tools there are 128 patches (connection to voices) where I can't find the corresponding setup in the MOXF and how this MIDI switchboard is working to understand how one patch in Pro Tools is mapped to a voice in MOXF and how this can easily be remapped.

If I load a pre setup for MOTIF in Pro Tools I can find different Banks and Patches but still nothing happens if I change Bank as example.

User bank 1, Patch 1 is playing the same sound as GM bank, Patch 1.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

BR Kurt

Posted : 07/12/2015 6:11 am
Bad Mister

Your question is really about how to work Pro Tools.

If I load a pre setup for MOTIF in Pro Tools I can find different Banks and Patches but still nothing happens if I change Bank as example.

We can tell you that the Motif is not the MOXF, so a setup for the Motif will not work for the MOXF.

Why, if you can get no help from the makers of your software, don't you use the Yamaha MOXF Editor Standalone to setup your MOXF. It is designed to address your MOXF. We can help you with that... The Editor can run along side your DAW allowing you to access the Banks of sounds (called "Voices") for each of the 16 Parts and edit them for use in your composition.

Posted : 08/12/2015 5:15 am

Midi Bank select consists of two bytes. Seems that your Protools Software sends Bank select MSB of 0 which is the GM Bank. Or it sends a GM reset message at some point. The Preset and User banks have a MSB of 63 and the LSB is the Bank number. The Motif has a quite similar bank mapping but the preset order might be different. Your MOXF must be in Song/Pattern Mode and needs to be set up to receive both bank select and program change for the parts you want to use it. You need to send BankSel MSB, BankSel LSB and ProgramChange to fully adress a specific voice.

Posted : 24/12/2015 8:02 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us